The Fire

GUESS WHO IS FINALLY BACK AFTER A WEEK OF BEING INACTIVE? *THROWS CONFETTI* 

Haha, but seriously I'm sorry for not updating I wanted to, but I've been so stressed out about school lately that I didn't really want to write anything rushed. On the plus side jesus we hit 1,200 reads while I was gone?! Damn I definitely wasn't expecting so many people to read this. Welp enjoy this extra long chapter due to a celebration, enjoy!

 ~SC

Everyone except for Jonathan had their eyes trained on the now shattered window.

"Dio..." It looks as though every doubt you had about him had been right. All you needed was for a stranger to look into the situation to see what the truth behind it all was. Speedwagon had done just that, opening everyone's eyes to the true persona behind Dio.

George Joestar used his last few breaths to talk to his son. You had gone over with Speedwagon and the chief of the police next to the window. You removed your eyes hesitantly from the body of the one you had somehow come to love throughout the past years, and it was only at this moment you truly, undoubtedly admitted the feeling. Falling for Dio was a guaranteed grief trip, and you couldn't help but being ashamed for even allowing yourself to fall under his charms. While you were loathing in self pity and feeling your heart being ripped apart at your current circumstance the chief was explaining to Speedwagon of how he should have sent Dio's father to an island prison so that George would have never made the deal to look after Dio when the time would come.

"Stay with me father." Jonathan's words snapped you out of your daze. You turned your back on the window and watched the sad scene play out. "The doctors will save you." Jonathan hoped. But the wound was a fatal one that even if there were any doctors close enough they would have to struggle to mend it.

"Jojo please don't blame Dio. The responsibility lies with me, I held you to a different standard because you are my flesh and blood, and I'm sure that made Dio feel as though I was unfair. The fault must have been mine." You clenched your fist as George spoke, you and everyone else in the room surely knew that Dio hadn't felt that way and had just taken advantage of his hospitality. Tears began to well up in your eyes, George had always been a good man, never fully blaming anyone for anything and trying to find the good in people. He had been like a second father to you.

Your father placed his hand on your shoulder in comfort, you looked to him to see tears starting to form in his eyes as well, since George was his dearest friend it was hard to see him go. He had so much to say to George, but kept his feelings aside so that George and Jonathan could have their last few moments together.

"Please bury him next to his father." George continued saying his wishes to Jonathan.

"Father..." Jonathan grabbed ahold of George's hand that was on his cheek.

"Jojo...it's not so bad to die in the arms of your own son." At those words George had passed on. Lightning once again struck near the mansion.

"What a tragedy, his kindness was the end of him." The chief stated in disbelief.