Little Mouse

Sorry this part took a little longer for me to write a lot of changes have been happening with me lately, but wow I can't believe this got to 100+ reads in such a short time, I never expected so many people to read this! Thank you all so much!!! ^_^ 

~SC

For the past couple of days, ever since the boxing match, you've noticed a slight change in Jonathan, he seemed to be more quiet and reserved. He was trying to not make it noticeable to you, but you've always been able to tell when something was bothering him.

You let out a sigh as you walked down the hall. Jonathan was out of the house, once again leaving you with nothing to do. And then you spotted him, Jonathan's current cause of misery, Dio Brando.

"Hey Dio!" You called out to the blonde subconsciously. You weren't entirely sure what was going on between the two, but you were determined to find out, and since Jonathan wouldn't explain anything you decided that maybe Dio would.

Dio stopped in his tracks and glanced behind him towards the voice, he smirked once he noticed who was calling him.

"Hello Ms.(YN), what can I help you with?" Dio politely asked.

"What's going on between you and Jonathan?" You firmly asked, ignoring Dio's piercing gaze.

Dio raised an eyebrow at the sudden statement. "I don't know whatever you're talking about." He paused leaning in closer to your face. "I believe the better question is what's your relationship with dear Jonathan?" You glared at Dio which he found amusing.

"Why don't you not avoid the question?" You jeered at Dio meeting his challenge by moving closer to him.

"I could say the same to you sweet heart." He smirked. 

All of the sudden you heard the main door of the manor shut and you looked down to see Jonathan entering. You felt happy that he was finally back, but then remembered the promise you made to Jonathan the first day you arrived at the mansion.

"Shit." You grabbed Dio's arm and searched the hallway to try to find a safe place for you to talk, you then noticed the opened door to the study and quickly dragged Dio in there while shutting the door behind you.

"What the bloody hell do you think you're doing woman?" Dio raised his voice as he pulled his arm out of your grasp.

"Shut up, Jojo can't know I'm with you." You hissed at him to be quiet and put your head against the door to listen if anyone was approaching the room.

"Oh? And why is that?" Dio leaned into you, making you tense up at the sudden motion.

"Jojo kind of made me promise to stay away from you." You sheepishly replied feeling a bit pressured.

Dio let out a "hmp" at the reply, he then lowered his head down to yours and put his mouth next to your ear. "And why would he make you do that?" Shivers ran down your arm as he talked, his breath feeling hot against your skin, caused you to blush.

You took in a deep breath before turning to look at him. "I-I don't know. That's part of the reason why I'm asking you to explain what's going on between you and Jonathan." Dio smirked and moved a step closer to you causing your back to meet the door, he then placed his hand next to your face on the door causing you to be trapped between him and the door. At that moment you could hear footsteps passing by the room, your eyes widened at the thought of anyone catching you and Dio in the current position you were in. Dio took notice and leaned his face into yours and tilted your chin to look up at him.

"And why would I do that? Sorry little mouse I can't have you coming in between my plans." He whispered making sure the cause of the footsteps wouldn't over hear. He then grabbed your arm and removed you from the door to clear his way out of the room. Just as he was about to open the door you stopped him. "Jonathan and I are just friends, we've always been since we were little kids, that's all my relationship is with him." 

Dio looked surprised for a split moment at your statement and then had a look of amusement on his face. "Well I guess that's one answer solved though I don't totally believe it." He opened the door and then gestured out the door. "Now I'd suggest you go and greet your dearest friend before he tries to find you, since I'm guessing him finding you with me is the last thing you want." Dio exited the room and you followed after him, though you both went in opposite directions once you got into the hallway.

'There does feel like something is off about him, but he is rather kind? No I guess charming is more the word to describe him.' You thought to yourself. 

You turned around to catch Dio staring at you from the top of the staircase, he waved once he realized you spotted him. You were slightly confused, but waved back nonetheless before making your way back down the hallway towards Jonathan's room. You had to admit that was the most bizarre first conversation you ever had with someone. If you could even call that a proper conversation.

You cleared your thoughts of Dio as you knocked on Jonathan's door, in which he promptly answered. "Oh (Y/N) come on in, sorry I was gone all day you most have been bored." Jonathan stated rubbing the back of his head in guilt, letting you in. 

You let out a nervous laugh thinking back to how you were bored, until Dio that was. "It's alright Jojo, I just came in to check up on you since I noticed you haven't been looking like yourself lately."

Jonathan directed his eyes towards the ground. "Ah yeah some uh stuff happened. Due to what Dio said after our boxing match no one was willing to hang out with me lately and have been all going to him instead." You gave Jonathan a look of concern. "I'm so sorry Jojo, but don't worry I'll always be there for you, you knuckle head." 

Jonathan laughed. "Yeah I know that, but uh you don't have to worry about that now. I found a girl who's really great and we have a lot of fun together."

You don't know why but you felt your heart drop at what Jonathan said. "Oh really? That's great, good for you Jonathan." You gave him a small smile as you looked at the happy aura around him as he talked of the girl.

"Yeah I really like her, but don't tell anyone just yet, especially Dio." 

"Don't worry Jojo I won't." You paused. "Why not Dio especially?"

"I think he's trying to mess up my life which is why I didn't want you to hang out with him since he could have caused something to come between us, and if he does that with Erina and I as well...I don't know what I would do."

"Oh so that's why...well you don't have to worry about that either since he'll probably never find out." You reassured him.

"Yeah let's hope that." He placed a hand on your shoulder. "Thanks for being a great friend (YN) I don't know what I'd do without you and Danny."

"Yeah it's no problem really Jojo. Now let's go downstairs dinner most be ready by now." You stated leaving the room not quite the same as you were when you entered.