Chapter 12- The Revival

My cell phone startled me awake.  I looked over at it to see that Ben was calling.  I felt Jace waking up beside me in the same position she had fallen asleep in.

"Hello?"  I said groggily

"Dude you were supposed to be over here 45 minutes ago!  Did I just wake you up?"  Ben questioned.  I looked at the clock and saw it read 9:45. I was always an early riser and I had totally forgot that I promised Jen and Ben that I would help them paint today.

"Shit man, I'm sorry I will be over there in half and hour."  I said as Jace sat up in bed.

"Alright, but now you owe me breakfast! C- ya."  Ben said and then hung up the phone.  I looked over at Jace who was trying to brush her hair with her fingers.

"Whats the matter? What time is it?"  She asked looking somewhat embarrassed.

"9:45.  I promised Jen and Ben that I would help them paint today at 9:00."

Jace immediately sprang out of bed.

"I'm so so sorry Noah!  I didn't mean for you to be late. I feel terrible.  Hurry and get dressed and then you can take me home." 

"Don't be sorry Jace. That was the best nights sleep I have had in a very very long time.  I never sleep in and I feel great about it.  Ben isn't really mad, we have all day to paint.  A jelly donut is all it takes for Ben to feel better." I replied standing up.

"Well, I am sorry Noah. Ill grab my clothes and meet you downstairs."  She said practically running out of the room. 

I stood up out of bed and stretched my arms.  I walked into the bathroom and couldn't help but smile when I thought of the night I had with Jace.  Granted we didn't have sex, we didn't mess around, hell, we didn't even kiss, but we connected.  We had physical contact with each other that wasn't nervous or forced, it was just plain easy and felt so right.  I knew that today had to be the day that I told Jace how I felt about her because as much as I enjoyed last night I didn't enjoy the circumstances that lead up to it and I certainly didn't want her to every be in a situation like that again because of me.  Yep, today was the day.  It HAD to be the day!  I dressed quickly pulling on an old pair of jeans and green t-shirt.  Jace was already waiting at the door when I got downstairs.

"Hurry up lets go!"  She urged.

"Relax Jace I am already late no point in hurrying now."  I said getting in the car.  And with that we headed over to her house. 

I pulled into her driveway scanning the area for anything that might look abnormal.

"Thanks so much for everything Noah.  I really don't know what I would do without you."  She said blushing slightly.  "Please tell Ben and Jen I am so sorry for making you late."  She added getting ready to get out of the car.

I grabbed her arm stopping her from moving. "Wait a minute.  Why don't you tell them yourself?" I asked confused.

"Noah, you had plans with your family today. You have done more than enough for me in the last 24 hours and I refuse to ruin a day you had planned with your brother because of me.  Go and have fun with your family.  I will be fine."  She said attempting to get out of the car.

"Oh no, hold on for a second there princess." I said grabbing her arm again.  "First off let me just clarify that you wouldn't ruin a good time for me EVER, and secondly, your are NOT staying at this house alone tonight.  Luke knows where you live." I reminded her.

"Noah you don't have to babysit me.  Lord knows you did that enough last night already."

"Who said anything about babysitting Jace?  I had a great time with you last night and as much as I still will KILL Luke if I see him I have no intentions of you not staying with me again tonight.  I look forward to it actually."

"I cant come to your brothers house Noah.  What will they think?"

"Ben, and Jen especially, will be thrilled to see you Jace.  They have been asking about ever since you dropped me off at their house weeks ago.  They are dieing to get to know you.  They will be elated to see you and I am not exaggerating that. Jace, I was planning on bringing you here so you  could get your clothes.  Not to drop you off.   I don't want you staying here alone.  Please Jace you would be doing me a favor."  I added

"Are you sure they wont mind?"  She asked

"One hundred and ten percent sure.  Now hurry up and get your stuff you are making me late."  I joked.  She smiled.

I walked Jace to her house and waited in the living room as she packed her things.  A few minutes later she returned wearing a pair of jeans (which hugged all the right places) and a white "I heart New York" t shirt.  I thought she looked incredibly sexy.

"Ok I'm ready."  She said and we headed out the door to my brothers house.