Chapter 11- The Truth Continues...

After half and hour or so Jace came downstairs.  The Abercrombie t-shirt I had given her to wear draped loosely over her petite shoulders and the Nike athletic shorts she had on were tied as tight as they would go.  Her brown hair rested on her shoulders and her face was free of any make-up.  I thought she looked absolutely breathtaking.  I couldn't hold back my smile.

"Don't laugh, I know I look ridiculous."  She said looking down at herself.

"No you look cute.  My clothes look better on you than on me."

"Yeah right."  She said walking over and sitting on a bar stool.

"You hungry?  I bought some pizza last night but didn't really eat any?"  I asked pushing the pizza box in her direction.

"Yeah actually I am.  Thanks."  She said pulling out a slice.  "Do you have any Tylenol or ibuprofen Noah?"  She asked.

"Sure why?  Do you feel ok?"  I asked concerned.

"Yeah fine, just a little headache that's all."  After she and I finished a couple slices of pizza I handed her some ibuprofen.  I noticed her yawn.

"You must be exhausted Jace.  You can sleep in my bed and I'll take the couch tonight."  I said standing up and walking into the living room.

"No Noah I don't want to kick you out of your bed.  I can sleep on the couch."  She said

"Absolutely not you're sleeping in my bed and that's final." 

"Maybe...we can sleep in there together...." She said her voice trailing off into the distance.  'Did I just hear what I thought I heard?  Jace wanted us to share my bed?'  "I just.... don't want to be alone tonight.  I know that sounds silly."  She said shyly.

"Ummm Jace dont get me wrong because I definitely want to share a bed with you, but are you sure?" I had to make sure I wasn't hearing things.

"Yeah, you can leave after I fall asleep if you want to, I just would feel safer if you stayed with me."  She said looking at me with innocence in her eyes.

"So let me get this straight.  First I get to see you wearing my clothes and now I get to sleep with you?  Dang, maybe I should be thanking Luke!"  I joked.  She giggled.  "C'mon lets go to bed."  I held her hand into the bedroom.

"Can we watch a little T.V.?"  She asked flipping it on.

"Sure."  I pulled down the blankets and Salanger jumped into the bed beside me.  "Oh no buddy sorry, but I have a better looking bed partner tonight."  I pointed towards the bottom of the bed.  Jace smiled.

"Sorry Salanger."  She said patting his head.  Jace crawled into bed beside me and pulled up the blankets.  I could still feel her shivering.

I scooted closer to her and placed my arm under her head.  She leaned in towards me resting her head on the side of my chest.  She placed her other hand on my stomach.  I reached over and held her hand which was ice cold.

"You're so warm."  She said nuzzling into me.

"You're like laying next to an iceberg."  I replied rubbing her arm trying to warm her up. 

I couldn't believe this!  Yesterday Jace and I got into a huge fight and I thought I would never get to see her again and now here she is LAYING in bed WITH me!  Not just laying in bed, but cuddling in bed.  Like a real couple.  Holding each other.  I smiled as I looked down at Jace's head resting on my chest and Salanger laying comfortably at the bottom of the bed.  I wanted to freeze this moment in time.  If it wasn't for the awful night Jace had last night, I would say that everything was perfect.  I could hear Jace's breathing become deeper.  I looked down to see her eyes closed.  I shifted myself to get under the covers more.  Jace startled awake.

"Noah don't....don't leave me."  She whispered clutching my hand tightly.  Holding on to me for dear life.

"Don't worry Jace, I wont ever leave you again."  I said kissing the top of her head.  And with that I fell asleep holding the woman of my dreams.