Chapter 9: The masked man

Velvet’s Pov:

               I watched Loki carefully making sure he didn’t see me. I kept my distance but not so much that I couldn’t see him anymore. He was turning into an alley way near the new Stark building that was being built. I watched him as he walked to end of the ally. As he walked I noticed that his cloths had changed back to his Asgardin clothing that he was wearing earlier and he seemed scared, but curious. I hide behind a dumpster where I had a perfect view of him but was a great hiding spot at the same time.

               That’s when it happened an eerie and high pitched noise traveled through the air. I threw myself against the brick wall next to the dumpster and pressed my hands tightly on my ears trying to block out the noise. Not even that could stop the noise from sending pain throughout my ears and body. The noise after a while began to soft. I coughed a little and some blood came out and it almost felt like my ear was bleeding but I didn’t see any blood on my hands. I whipped the blood that I coughed up off my chin and peeked to see what happened to Loki. He led up against the brick wall looking up at something but there was nothing there. It was almost like he was in some sort of trance.

               I slowly got up and walked over to him. “Loki?”

               Nothing.

               “Loki?” I asked again and waved my hand in front of his wide open jade eyes.

               Nothing.

               I sighed. I reached out to shack him but as soon as my right hand touched his shoulder. I felt a sharp pain in the back of my brain. For a minute I felt like I was floating my body had become so light and I saw color all around me. I saw something like this one time, the time I was sent to Earth and I had to go through the portal. Instead of the warm colors, I saw purple, blue and green cold unwelcoming colors that were filled with evil. Than it stop and I felt normal again. I wasn’t light and I didn’t see any more flashes of colors and I was no longer in an alley way with Loki.

I was somewhere else, in a dark and decimated place where light was not welcomed. Where there was no love but hate and misery. The walls of New York City were replaced with rocks from another planet with craters in them. There was small flacks almost like snow but it looked like ashes. I was behind a large rock, it was dark I could really see a lot. When I turned around I looked through one of the craters that was so deep that it was a hole in the rock and I saw Loki he was wearing this helmet on his head with these huge horn coming out of them. I giggled to myself but then I noticed something odd. There was someone else here with us. His face was cover by a hood that he wears with bronze armor over it. He was in the shadows so I couldn’t see anything more than the glare coming from his bronze armor and his unmasked lips. I think his lips were blue I couldn’t really see it was too dark. He could have been a frost giant.

“Loki,” the man said. The man’s voice was broken and old but firm and strong. He sounded wise and all knowing when he spoke.

“Yes?”

“Is everything going according to plan?” the masked man said curiously.

“Well…”

“Well? What?!” The man snapped at Loki.

“I don’t know where it is,” Loki said firmly.

“Well than find it. You must my army is ready but you must do your part of the deal.”

Loki looked away from the man, almost ashamed to be in his presences, “You have become weak, Loki, I can scenes it. Do not make the same mistakes your brother made with the humans.” The man laughed to himself mockingly, “Falling in love… with a human.”

“He is not my brother; he is a fool that should die at my feet as I tare apart the two worlds that he holds dear to him.”

The man laughed again but with pride, “Good! It’s good to see you have not grown weak.”

“Also she isn’t human… the women. She is a daughter of Erebus, the god of the shadows.”

“Erebus.” The man said my father’s name curiously.

“Is she powerful? Erebus was a great man. A dear friend of mine.”

“Yes I believe she is but she doesn’t know how powerful she really is.”

I looked at the man and saw that a wicked smile had come across his face. It was evil and twist, my heart stopped as I stared at his smile in horror. I didn’t understand what was so great about me I mean I couldn’t even control my powers. I was like a time bomb waiting to go off when I’m mad. I wont help them even if they asked. I don’t know what their planning? It might be a war? He did say something about an army. Holy shit!  

“Loki I will give you this staff and it will help you find the tri-force.”

               I watched as the man reached out to give Loki a staff with a blue orb at the end it was finely crafted and a bit taller than Loki. Loki slowly walk towards him and lifted it up. He held it with pride. It was at that moment that I realized that this Loki was not the Loki I remembered from my childhood. This Loki heart was covered in darkness and every inch of light that might have filled his heart was replaced by hate. Hate for his brother, Thor, hate for his father, and just hate for everyone else. But why not me? Why didn’t I ever feel that hate or darkness when it was just us?  Was there something more to us that I never realized till now in his darkest hour? I shook my head and tried to stop myself from thinking something that wasn’t true. There was nothing going on between us.

               “I know where it is,” Loki said in this evil and twisted voice similar to the mans but younger and more masculine.

               “Then I shall send your mental and physical body there. Don’t disappoint me Loki.”

                Loki got on one knee and bowed to the man, and he disappeared. When he left I felt my body become light again and within a few seconds I was back in the alley way. I could hear the cars hooking and the dark alley way near Stark tower but I didn’t see Loki.

He was gone.