Chapter 7:Unmasked

Velvet's Pov.

        I slowly got up from the bed I could still feel and numbing sensation in my head. I made my way to the bathroom, and splashed some water in my face to wake up. Then I heard something a strange growling noise. I peeked my head out of the bathroom to see what it was but there was no one there. What if it was Loki preparing for round three of our fight? I picked up my toilet plunger and I walked out of the bathroom. I watched were I stepped hoping that the wood underneath would not squawk.

       I heard it again coming from the chair at the front of my bed. It was turned around so I couldn’t see who it was. I slowly turned the chair around to see Loki lying there sleeping. His black hair was jelled back and slightly messed up and his yes were closed masking his green eyes. My heart began to race, I backed away slowly being careful not to make any noise. What do I do? Do I kill him? Should I leave? No I will not get pushed out of my own apartment by this good-for-nothing-overconfident-idiotic-god. I tip toed into the kitchen and pulled out a knife from one of the draws. I left it open to make sure I didn’t make any noise.

      I turned around to see Loki still sound asleep. I hide the knife behind me as I made my way toward him. The tension in my chest was building up so much that I forgot to watch where I was stepping. I made a cracking noise and he slowly began to awaken from his sleep.

      Loki smiled at me, and the tension in my chest grew more and more. For a minute I think I stopped breathing. He stretched and smiled at me, “Good Morning,” he said. I stared at him for a minute in shock. He spoke as if he were Luke. He smiled at me as if were friends.

      Loki stood up and walked over to me, “What’s wrong?” he said in Luke’s voice.

       I stared at him still in shock as he walked toward me I made sure I walked back and kept my distance.

       Loki is Luke, no impossible, my head was ready to explode. Than I stopped dead in my tracks he could know magic? That would explain the spell he threw at me and know.

       “Hey Velvet what’s wrong?” he said again in Luke’s sweet voice.

       “Drop the act Loki, I know its you!” I yelled out at him. Tears forming in my eyes. I kissed him, I shared secrets with him that I never shared with anyone else.

       He smirked wickedly at me. “What gave it away?” He said still in Luke’s voice.

       “Look in the mirror idiot.”

       Loki turned around and looked at his reflection for a second, “Well now I just feel stupid.”

       He wickedly smiled at me.

       “Leave… now,” I yelled out at him.

      With his evil but subductive smile he walked toward me. I walked back making sure I kept my distance. But than I bumped into something I turned I saw I bumped into my kitchen counter top. There was no more room for me to back up into, I was cornered… tramped. Loki continued to make his way toward me and the tension in my chest grew larger with each step he took near me. I held on to the kitchen knife in the back of me keeping out of his sight.

      Loki made his way closer to me trying to cut off any space between us. He was about five inches in front of me and than I pulled out my knife.

      “Take one more step closer and I swear to gods I will kill you.”

      “Tisk…tisk…tisk. Still the same old Velvet see. To quick at wait you do and say just like your father.”

       “You don’t know anything about my father!” I yelled out and with all my rag stabbed him in the heart. I watched him fall to the ground. He bleed all over the floor I jumped up onto my kitchen counter to avoid my feet getting covered in his blood.

       “Well that you don’t know me very well do you,” I heard someone say next to me. I turned around and saw Loki sitting next to me on the counter.

       I looked at him and then back down at the floor. There was nothing there no blood, no lifeless Loki, just my knife.

       “How the…?”

       “I am the god of mischief and tricky, you cant pull a sleigh move like that and think you can get away with it.”

       I stared at him still in absolute awe. There was no point of running because where I could I run to he was already in my apartment. There was no point in trying to kill him because I wouldn’t really know if I killed the real him.

       “So what do you want?”

      “What I always wanted. I want you to help me adapt to this new world of yours. And then maybe I can bring you back home?”

       I looked at his suspiciously, “You can bring me back home?”

        “Yes… Yes I can,” Loki said sure of himself.

        I looked at him with narrow eyes, I didn’t trust Loki one because he was the god of trickery and they never keep their promises. And two because I just got a bad feeling when I’m around him. I pushed my self off the counter and walked over to my closet I was in the clothes that I wore last night I dress was all messed up and my hair looked like I hadn’t touched all night. I was ready to take off my clothes so used to living alone and then I realized Loki green perching eyes staring at me.

       I looked over at him and saw him grinning. I gave him a sarcastic smile, “Can you turn around or something?”

       “No I think I will enjoy the show from right here.” He crossed his legs and lend back on my kitchen cabinets.

       I rolled my eyes, took my clothes and stormed into the bathroom. Great know I don’t even have my own privacy. This was a weekend i would probably have to spend it with Loki. Just great how could my life get any better. Oh wait now i remember for a minute i thought i actually fell for a human that wasnt from another planet and/or trying to kill me but that just ended up Loki being an ass.

       I stepped out of the bathroom in my short short and a tank top with my hair up in a messy bun. "So now what?" I said to Loki as he looked me up and down like a vulture.

       "Well now you can take me for a tour... of your city ofcourse," he said will still looking at me like a creep. I rollled my eyes and walked out of my apartment and held the door open for him.

      "Come on... hurry up, we dont have all day," i said and slabbed the door behind me as we made our way out of the apartment building.