Chapter 5: The New Guy

Velvet’s Pov.

          Even at twenty-one there I was falling asleep during my math class. The night before had ruined me… I was exhausted and couldn’t even keep my eyes open.  I could hear children giggling and laughing and I had faint images of a little boy with jade eyes and black hair chasing me through a beautiful garden.

          Then I heard a bang and I woke up screaming, “Are you okay Mrs. Ellsworth?” Mr. Jevsin said in his duel, uninteresting voice.

          “Um, no everything fine,” I said trying to reassure him.

          “Good well then you can answer the question, what is the answer for x.”

          “Um…I…” I looked at the board trying to see if I could get the answer, “I don’t…”

          “X equals three hundred sixty one squared,” said a familiar voice. I looked up to see an unfamiliar but very attractive face sitting in my class. His brown hair was ruggedly spiked up, he had olive toned skin and bright green eyes. He was in the row behind me two seats away I smiled at him and he smiled back.

          “Thank you Mr…”

          “Spielberg,” he said looking up at Mr. Jevsin.

          “Oh yes the new student.”

          I looked back at him and saw him staring at me making it really obvious to everyone that he was looking at me. I looked away and smiled to myself. I guess things are looking up for me now.

          At the end of class I tried to catch up to him.

          “Hey!” I yelled out.

          He turned around, smiled and waved to me, “Hey.”

          “Um hey, I just wanted to say thanks for before, my name is Velvet.” I stuck out my hand so he would shake it.

          He reached out and shocks my hand, “I’m…Luke”

          “Well are you new here?”

          “Yes I just moved here.”

          “From where?” I asked him.

          “From… Long Island.”

          “Why?”

          “You ask a lot of questions,” he said smiling down at me.

          “I’m a curious person,” I took his hand, “come with me to get a coffee.”

          “A coffee?” he looked at me as if he didn’t know what a coffee was.

          “Yeah a coffee most people drink it every morning,” I said smiling.

          “Ah yes… a coffee.”

          I rolled my eyes and dragged him into the Starbucks a few blocks away from school.

          “Two small Caramel Frappuccino’s,” I said to the casher.

          “9.50 please,” she said.

          I paid her in exact change and walked over to the deliver center where they give us our coffees.

          “So where are you from?” He asked

          “New York,” I said smiling, “where else?”

          He smiled back at me, “I mean to say have you ever moved.”

          I thought for a moment, “Well yeah I guess.”

          “So what brings you to New York anyway?” I asked trying to change the subject.

          “Well it got kind of boring in Long Island so decided to come out here, meet someone like you.”

          We were staring into each other eyes as if we were in one of those romance moves. Where they stare into each other’s eyes till someone makes the move.

          “Here’s your coffee,” and then it was ruined.

          I smiled and handed him his Frappuccino. “Taste it…its really good.”

          I watched as he took a sip and his green eyes lit up. “This is amazing what is it again?”

          “A caramel Frappuccino,” I laughed.

          “We never had this where I come from.”

          I giggled, “I’m pretty such they did.”

          Then I heard a beeping coming from my watch. Shit… I’m late.

          “I’m so sorry I have to go.”

          “Go… go where?” Luke asked.

          “I have to get to my job before I get fired, I’m so sorry.”

          As I ran out the door I felt his gentle hand grab my wrist.

          “I want to see you again.”

          I looked down at my watch and back at Luke, “Um how about tonight at Johnny’s Pizzeria.”

          “Where is that?”

          “It’s right down the block from here be there at eight thirty.”

          I quickly got loose of his hand and walked out the door. He followed me and I said, “Don’t be late,” as I walked away.

          I felt him watching me as I walked down the street maybe this new guy was a good thing. He feel kind of cheesy though like one of those guys that just wants to get in girls pants. Well now that I think about it I haven’t gotten it in for a while maybe this isn’t bad. I smiled to myself as I walked down the street.

**** This to everyone reading this. Please comment so i know what you are thinking about the story so far and if you dont like anything about it. Thanks you and thanks for reading =)****