Chapter 8:An Old Friend

Velvet’s Pov:

                I walked slowly and calmly down the stairs to my apartment building trying to forget the fact that I was being held captive by a psycho. I looked behind me to get a glance at Loki again, and then I realized something. I turned my body completely around and stopped at the bottom of the staircase. Why didn’t I notice this before? What the hell is wrong with me?

                I giggled to myself and tried to hide it from him, “What are you laughing at?”

                “Nothing,” I said turning to hold back my laughter.

                “What?” he said confused with a spark of anger in his voice.

                “Well I have never seen a man in a dress before,” I said, than broke out into laughter.

                Loki looked at himself for a moment confused. “This is Asgardian robe made by the finest silk.”

                “Yeah and this is New York, who comes with the greatest muggers.”

                “No one shall lay a hand upon me unless I will it,” he said furiously looking at me.

                I rolled my eyes, “If you want me to show you the city you’re going to have to dress appropriately.”

                Loki sighed angrily. I grabbed his hand and we ran back up the stairs to my apartment. As I opened the door to my house I walked to the closet nearest to my main entrance door. It was a typical closet filled with jacket, shoes, sweater, clothing, etc. In the back of the closet there was a box, a box filled with my father’s things. I carried it out and placed it on my bed gently. Dust had built up on the box after three years of not touching it. I never wanted to touch it, I was scared to because I missed him so much. There were just too many memories and without even realizing it I was sobbing.

                I turned and looked a Loki trying to gain back my strength. “Sorry just these belong to my father… so there has to be something in here that can fit you.”

                Loki nodded his head.

Pull yourself together woman! This man is holding you captive pretty much and you’re crying! If I could I would smack you in the face! I heard my conscience yelled at me.

I walked into the kitchen and pulled myself together.

“Hey sorry if…” I said as I turned around and stopped to see Loki taking off his weird dress thingy and putting on a tight tank top. I saw all the ripples in his god like body. I turned around quickly.

Did I see that right? What the hell he had a six pack? Impossible.

“Are you done yet?”

“No but you can look if you want,” Loki said smiling to himself. I rolled my eyes, “Hahaha very funny.”

I turned around he was wearing a black leather jacket, a white tank top, some dark jeans and a pair of black sneakers. He sort of looked like he was from the movie The Outsiders with his hair jelled back and the leather jacket. It was a good look for him, epically with those beautiful jade like eyes. I knew I had seen them before I just couldn’t remember from where.

“Know am I appropriate to go off into your pathetic human world,” he hissed.

“Yeah let’s go.”

We walked out the apartment building and as we were out on the streets I could feel him eyeing me. Watching my every move almost like he was expecting me to run away. And I was thinking about it. But how could I if he was eyeing me like a hawk.

“I still don’t understand what I’m supposed to show you.”

 “Well to be honest I don’t really care I just needed an excuse so that you would actually talk to me. If you haven’t noticed I don’t know a lot of people from around here.”

“Well you don’t know me either,” I said walking quickly across the street toward Central Park.

Loki giggled to himself quietly. It was wicked and twisted but also mocking at the same time.

“You really don’t remember me do you?”

When we had crossed the street I looked him straight in his eyes. Those beautiful jade eyes that had caught my attention from the very first moment I met him. “And who are you to me Loki?”

He poked me in the head, “Tag you’re it.”

The moment his finger touched my head I had a flash back. I saw a beautiful garden filled with exotic flower from all over the universe, a little boy with long blonde hair, and another little boy with black hair that was smoothly gelled back and had jade eyes similar to Loki’s. He was Loki. This little boy the one from my dreams and memories of Asgard he was Loki. That’s why his name was so familiar. So the other kid was Thor.

I flashed back to reality and saw Loki pulling his finger away from my head. He smiled at me a little but this time his smile was different it was sweet.

“Remember now.”

I looked at him so confused, “Loki? Is it really you? But how? Why?”

I hugged him around the neck it was like seeing my older brother for the first time in years. I missed him so much.

“Long story,” he said laughing, hugging me back.

“So tell me what happened?!” We started walking and we sat on a bench near a tree in the shade.

“Well Odin decided that I needed to stay on Earth for a while. Thor and Odin betrayed me. When I tried to get my vegans…they banished me here ‘to learn my lesson’ but I will be back.” He smiled to himself wickedly.

I nudged him, “You’re always getting yourself into trouble, Lo.” We laughed.

“Well not as much as you used to get us into trouble. Do you remember when we stole Odin’s helmet and used as a bating ram and your father won’t let us talk for weeks.”

“Hey that wasn’t my idea that was Thor’s… I just stole it,” I said smiling at him.

“So you got anyone back home?” I asked.

Loki looked down at the floor he never answered my question instead he said, “I missed you.”

He looked back up at me and our eyes met. “I missed you, too.” He looked down at my lips, he was going to kiss me, and I wanted him to. He moved in slowly and so did I and then his eyes wandered away from mine.

“Loki? What’s wrong?”

“I… um… you’ll have to excuse me.”

“What? Wait,” I was so confused.

I looked in the direction he was looking in.

“What are you looking at?”

“Nothing I will tell you later.”

“Tell me now,” I said looking at him worried. I just got Loki back a kid I liked for my entire child hood and the very moment we were going to kiss, he had to go.

He looked back at me. He seemed scared but happy at the same time. The sick and twisted Loki that I had met a few days ago was over powering my child hood Loki. He quickly gave me little peek on the lips and stormed away. I just sat there on the bench watching him quickly walking away. What could have been so important that he had to ruin this moment? I don’t know what but I want to find out. I waited till he turned a corner and then I got up and quickly followed in his footsteps.