Chapter 6: Dinner

Velvet’s Pov.

            My head rested on my right hand as my right arm rested on the counter top at White Castles. I sighed and smiled to myself, I couldn’t get him out of my head. Scratch that I can’t get both of them out of my head, Loki and Luke.

            “Oh my god you doing it!” I heard some yell I snapped out of it and turned around. It was Emma my best friends since like grade school. She was known as the shy girl and some boys would making fun of her so, one day I kicked one of the kids in the leg. Accidently I broke it but that led to Emma and me becoming friends. I looked at her and smiled, “What?”

            “You’re doing it again,” she said smiling back at me.

            “Doing what?”

            “That thing you do when you like someone and you randomly stare out into space. I know you better than you know yourself so you can’t lie to me Vel.”

            I rolled my eyes and smiled.

            She screech, “Who is he?”

            I smiled, “He is no one.”

            “Yup I was right there is someone!”

            I rolled my eyes; there was no point of even trying to lie, “Yes there is someone.”

            “So what is he like?”

            “Well I don’t really know, we are having dinner tonight. Now stop asking questions before we'll both get in trouble.” I looked to the back of the store to see our boss Mrs. Glenda staring at us, she looked at us with eerie glare. Her eyes were narrowed pretty much saying “get back to work”.  

                                                                        *****

            I fixed my dress as I looked at myself in the mirror. My wavy black hair had been straightened and my pale white skin looked flawless.  I had a strapless black dress on that was at least 2 inches above my knee cap and was extremely tight. Usually when I go out I don’t like wearing high heels because I feel like high heels was a man’s invention so women can’t run away from their date and for their ass to look nicer. But Luke was the exception… I hope.

            When I got to restaurant Luke was already there and I thought I was early. There he was sitting in the chair his brown hair gelled back, wearing a white shirt and green tie which made his eyes pop. He was so lost in thought and I smiled to myself. I began to walk over to him and he looked up and smiled at me.

            “Whoa you look amazing,” he said smiling at me, looking me up and down.

            “Really? I just threw this on,” that was a lie I was throwing things all around my room trying to figure out what I was going to where. “You look really good, too. “

            “Thanks.”

            The night was going well. The food was good and the conversation was even better. We were talking as if we had already known each other. He had many of the same interest as me, too.

            “So you never really told me why you moved here?”

            “Well…you can say my parents kicked me out of the house.”

            “Oh parent problems I can relate to that.”

            “What happened with yours?”