Chapter 1: The Beginning

Velvet’s Pov.

          As Loki ran around clueless to where Thor and I were hiding I couldn’t help but giggle. “Tag you’re it,” I felt a poke from behind me and eight year old Loki running away. I giggled “Loki!” I yelled as I ran after him. I got closer to Loki and tackled him to the ground. I poked him on the forehead in a playful way, “Tag you’re it.” “Oh… Loki and Velvet sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g,” Thor teased as I sat on top of Loki.

          Loki and I giggled; I got off of him and helped him up. Loki and Thor had been my best friends since we were little and my father had become a general in the army against the frost giants. Our parents had become close alleys so as their friendship grow stronger Thor, Loki, and I began to spend more time together.

          Loki quickly tagged Thor, “Thor’s it run.” I giggled and ran after Loki. I was becoming to get tired and couldn’t run anymore but then Loki grabbed by hand to help me keep up.

          “Come on hurry up,” he said with a smile. We ran into the castle and were far enough from Thor that we could no longer see him. “In here,” Loki led me into one of the castles long hallways. Down the hall way we could hear Odin speak and then another man. The others men’s voice sounded familiar and then it hit me it was my father.

          “What is my father doing here?” I asked Loki as we walked down the hallway.

          “I don’t know. Let’s check it out,” he said smiling.

          As he held my hand we walked closer to the voices and saw an open door. It was cracked open and we looked inside.

          “How could you betray me, betray your family, and most of all betray Asgard?” Odin yelled.

          We opened the door more to see my father being held by two guards kneeled down at Odin’s throne with his head looking down.

          “How?” my father asked himself in a whisper.

          He looked up at Odin and starred at him.

          “How could you let this war with the Frost Giants go on for this long?”

          “That is none of your concern. It is not at your place to know.”

          Odin rubbed her temples and looked at my father.

          “For this act of treason you should be killed.”

          Killed? Loki looked at me and I held his hand tighter. Tears began to stream down my eyes.

          “But,” then I blinked them away. “Because you have been such a loyal friend to me for many of years I will let you go. You and your daughter shall be banished from Asgard and sent to Earth to spend the rest of your lives as humans. You will live a human life and die a human unable to die as an immortal.”

          My father’s held looked down at the floor in shame.

          “Tag you’re it!” Thor yelled and pushed Loki.

          Loki fell onto me and we busted through the door into the throne room.

          “Velvet,” my father said.

          “Thor, Loki,” Odin said.

          “Guards please take my sons to their rooms they have finished playing for today.”

          The guards walked over to Loki and Thor and walked them out.

          “Bye Thor,” I said tears streaming down my eyes again.

          “Bye Loki,” as Thor and Loki walked away Loki looked back and whisper “good-bye” back to me.

          I looked back at my father and knew that it was time to leave.