EIGHT

PAISLEY FOUND IT DIFFICULT TO CATCH HER BREATH the more running they did. All seven teens managed to find a room to hide in, which happened to be their Chemistry teachers class, Mr. Harris. The Parrish siblings clung onto each other as they tried catching their breath. Paisley stood up straight, no longer hunched over and gasping for air, and directed her attention towards Scott as he began to speak.

      "Jackson, how many people can fit in your car?" Scott asks the blond in a whisper.

      "Five, if someone squeezes on someone's lap," Jackson lets out, sounding slightly out of breath.

      "Five?" Parker gawked, shocked at his words.

      "I barely fit in the back." Allison adds on.

      "She has a point, I can't even fit either. Plus, if you haven't noticed, there's seven of us." Paisley reminded him. "So, two will have to stay behind, and I already have two in mind," she tried not to make it obvious as she looked at Scott and Allison, but she was pretty sure one of them noticed.

      "No one is staying behind, Paisley," Parker assured his sister, even though he wanted to agree with her and let the two stay behind.

      "It doesn't matter anyway," Stiles announced. "There's no getting out without drawing attention."

      "What about this?" Scott asks, dragging Stiles toward the fire escape door. "This leads to the roof. We can use the fire escape to get to the door in, like, seconds."

      Tapping a fingernail on it, Stiles said,"Deadbolt."

      He sighs as he noticed how his plan foiled. Then, suddenly, his eyes lit up,"The janitor has a key. I can get it off him by scent." He glanced at the others, making sure they didn't hear him.

      "Gee, well that sounds like an incredibly terrible plan. What else you got?" Stiles asks.

      "I'm getting the key from the janitor," Scott explained, brushing past Stiles to head toward the door.

      "Are you serious?" Allison asked, "You can't go out there unarmed."

      Scott looked around him before grabbing something. He then held it up, showing off a thin wooden pole with a pointer finger attached to it. Paisley rubbed her temples as she looked away from him and his stupidity.

      "Really, Scott? Really?" Stiles asks, raising an eyebrow.

      "What?" Scott asks, looking around at the other six in the room, seeing the looks they were giving him. "It's better than nothing,"

      "There's got to be something else," Stiles tells him.

      "There is," Lydia cut in, nodding at one of Harris' cabinets. More specifically, the one holding all the chemicals. Paisley looked at the bottles of chemicals, slowly catching on to what her best friend was talking about.

      "What are we going to do? Throw acid on it?" Stiles asks sarcastically, clearly not getting where Lydia is going with this.

      "No, it's like a fire bomb," Paisley replied snippily.

      "And there is everything in there you need to build a self-igniting Molotov cocktail." Lydia spoke, looking at the cabinet then back at the group.

      Stiles, looking confused, says," Self-igniting...?"

      "Molotov cocktail." Lydia finished for him, turning to look at him simultaneously.