BEFORE

❝I'M SORRY❞

❝SORRY DOESN'T MEND
A BROKEN HEART❞

blurb

He tried not to be too harsh- for he thought that she was delicate and couldn't take too much pain all at once. But his words, those were what broke her. It wasn't the way he said it. He spoke the same way he always did, just a bit slower. The words themselves was enough to bring her pain- which was what he was trying to avoid.

She hadn't said anything to him. Just stared. She couldn't comprehend why he was hurting her. Why he was breaking what was keeping her alive. Why he was doing it three nights before school came back from fall break. How was she suppose to go back to school and see him without breaking down inside?

She wouldn't show that she was hurting, but on the inside, her heart was aching. She didn't understand what she had done wrong. Was it something she said? Something that happened on their recent date? He wasn't giving her any details. And that was all she wanted; a reason. Something that he wouldn't give her.

As he turned his back to her, hot tears began to fill her eyes. The tears that she didn't want him to see. She let them fall freely. Everything she did to hold them in, she couldn't hold it back anymore. It was like trying to hold your breath while going through a light tunnel, trying to beat the person beside you on who can last until you reach the end. And, clearly, she lost.

Just like she lost him.

soundtrack

i. somebody else, the 1975

❝our love has gone cold
you're intertwining your soul
with somebody else❞

ii. daddy issues, the neighbourhood

❝i keep on trying to let you go
not even let you know
how I'm getting on❞

iii. all i want, kodaline

❝ but if you loved me
why did you leave me❞

iv. still the one, one direction

❝i was so stupid for letting you go
but i know you're still the one❞

v. we don't talk anymore, charlie puth

❝even after all this time I still wonder why I can't move on
just the way you did so easily❞

vi. hurts like hell, fleurie

❝ i loved and i loved and i lost you❞

vii. stupid for you, waterparks

❝tell me what you want me to say
you know I'm stupid for you❞

viii. strangers, halsey

❝we're not lovers
we're just strangers❞

note: i am actually so excited for this, i love scott sm and he deserves sm love (even though this will probably make you angry tbh) but i hope you're just as ready as i am!!