The Murder Of One

Alaric's Apartment

It's morning.
Me and Elena walk up the stairs carrying breakfast for Ric.

I knock on his door and Damon answers it.

Morning sunshine. "He said to me.
I rolled my eyes.

How's Ric? "I asked ignoring what he said.
He pouted.
Awe, are you still mad at me? "He asked.
I glared at him.

I move forward to enter the apartment, but he closes the door slightly to block my way.

Indecent, but fine. "He said.
I eyed him.

So then, does that mean there were no issues last night? "Elena asked.

Nope. Slept like a baby, woke up Alaric. No head minds about dead Council members. "He said.

Then why do I feel like you're hiding something from me? "I asked.
Well, maybe because you're being all paranoid and control freaky. What'd you bring me? "He responded.

He takes the bag from her and sniffs it.

Ooo, chocolate muffins. You know what they say; a way to a psycho killer's heart is through his stomach. "He said.

Elena takes the bag back from him.

They're not for you. "I said glaring at him.

Fine. Keep convincing yourself you're still mad at me. But sadly, Ric's gonna have to miss Emely and Elena time today. You know lockdown and all. "He told me.

Just take it and give it to him and tell him that we miss him, okay? "I said softly.

Elena hands Damon the bag of muffins.

With pleasure. "He said.
Please. "Elena said sighing.

He starts shutting the door on us.

Have a great day, thanks for coming by. "He said.

Dam... "I didn't finish when the door slammed in my face.

Woods

Me, Caroline and Elena are walking through the woods.

Alaric Saltzman killed my father? "Caroline asked.

I can't expect you to be okay with this. But at least these herbs that Bonnie's giving him, they're healing him and they're keeping the dark side buried. "I said.

Yeah, and that's supposed to make everything okay? "She asked angrily.

I grabbed Caroline's arm and she faces me. She has tears in her eyes.

No, Caroline, it's not okay. It's horrible and I feel horrible about it, but he's a victim of something supernatural, he didn't ask for this, it just happened to him. Just like Bonnie's mom, I mean, she didn't ask to become a vampire. And I screwed up for doing that to them. And neither did Stefan or Tyler. "I said sternly.

Or me. "She added.
Or you. None of you asked for this, but who would I be if I just turned my back on any of you? "I asked her softly.

She moves to my side and wraps her arm around my shoulders.
We all start to walk off.

Oh, Emely Gilbert, savior of the cursed and the damned. "She said jokingly.

Matty appears.

Hey. What's with the cryptic secret meeting text? "He asked.

I don't know. Stefan just said to meet here. "I said confused.

Stefan and Damon show up.

Where's Bonnie? "Stefan asked.