Break on Through

Mystic Falls Hospital

Ric is lying down on an MRI couch, about to go into the MRI scanner. Me, Elena and Meredith are in the control room, preparing to scan Alaric.

What are you looking for? "Elena asked her.
I don't know. A tumor, vascular anomalies, anything physical that might explain his behavior. If it's medical, I can treat it. "Meredith said.

And if it's not? "Elena asked.
Well, then we'll deal with that too. "Meredith responded.

A technician slides Ric inside the machine.

When did you suspect him? That it was Alaric who was killing all of those people? "Elena asked.

Yeah, if you noticed I still don't like Meredith.

It was after he told me about his ring. I remembered a story my grandmother had told me about Samantha Gilbert and her secret journal. I don't know if you know this, but we Fells are notorious busy-bodies. "Meredith answered.

And big attention seekers. "I mumbled.
Elena nudged me in the ribs.
I groaned.

But then, why did you protect him? "Elena asked her.
I glared at her.
Because I'm a doctor, I don't like to see someone hurt by something they have no control over. And because when he and I first met I felt like...I don't know, I- I just kind of want to help him. "Meredith answered.

She notices something and talks to him over the speaker.

Everything alright in there? "She asked.
Yeah. Yeah, everything's okay. "Je answered.

5 Mins Later

We finished the scan.

Me and Elena walk in the hospital room Ric was in.
Meredith says that everything is normal. "Elena told him.

Yeah, well, everything is normal, because there is nothing wrong with me. I didn't kill Brian Walters, I didn't kill Bill Forbes, and I sure as hell didn't shove a hunting knife into my stomach. "He said.

He looks down at the ring, which is the only thing he hasn't picked back up.

Or I did and I've gone insane, just like your ancestor who wore that ring. "He told us.
Look, Elena is going to call Bonnie, the rings were made by a Bennett witch so maybe a witch can reverse the damage. "I said.

He pushes the ring towards me.

Take it. I don't want it any more. "He said.
I take the ring and look at him. Damon enters the room.

You ready to ditch this House of Horrors? Oof, you look terrible. "He said to Ric.

Yeah, let me...let me check outta here. "Ric told him.
He leaves the room.
Elena gives Damon a hateful look and leaves too.

What? "He asked confused.
I rolled my eyes and walked out.

Outside Mystic Falls Hospital

Me and Elena are walking out to my car, Damon is following us.

Don't worry about him, take him out for chicken soup, get him a martini, make sure he doesn't kill anybody. "He said.

What is wrong with you? How could you just go out feeding with Stefan like some vampire pub crawl? "Elena asked him.

Oh god here we go again.

Oh right, I thought we were talking about Alaric, but of course we're talking about Stefan. "Damon said rolling his eyes.
I glared at him.

Elena turns around and walks up to Damon.

You stood there and let him feed on an innocent girl. "She said angrily.