24|The closure

Some memories are unforgettable, remaining ever vivid and heartwarming.
--Joseph B. Wirthlin

Bree's POV.

Out of all the happiness I could sense in Aiden right now, I could feel the nervousness radiate from him. He kept telling me that he's ready to know what happened but standing right in front of the door of his house waiting for his mom to welcome us in, proved that we'll never be ready enough to face the truth. I feel guilty for forcing him into this so soon because I know it's harder for him to know about what happened since his parents are the reason for Jayden's death.

The doors open and Aiden's arm tightens around my waist making me look at him. "It's going to be okay,"

I whisper giving him an assuring look before turning to face the person standing at the door. Lindsay. Or no wait Mrs.Waters. Her guilty eyes land on Aiden first and I could see the sadness of missing Aiden before he eyes flicker to mine with an ashamed look before looking down.

The thing is, I never blamed her for what happened because I know that she was just trying to help but I was disappointed in her when she decided to not at least tell me the truth after what happened. Jackson ended up hating the Waters but that didn't stop him from believing in Aiden to help me get back to who I was.

We step in and follow Mrs.Waters lead as my eyes wander around the house noticing how similar the interior looked to their house in Washington. All the memories of Aiden breaking up with me started coming up clouding my mind. Talk about deja Vu. "Are you alright baby doll?"

Aiden whispers as we stop walking to take a seat in the leather sofa, "I'm fine I'm fine,"

I reassure him by squeezing his hand in mine but Aiden being himself doesn't even seem convinced and right now there's no denying that I'm not fine. Sighing, I just look over to his mom hoping that she'd start speaking at least now but she's busy serving some tea for all of us.

"Can we just get to the talk instead?" Aiden's stern voice breaks the silence gaining his mom's attention. All I could notice is Aiden and his mom were busy giving cold stares at each other or rather Aiden giving his mom a cold stare while she gave him a guilty look. Silence continues to lace around until Aiden diverts his gaze to quickly meet mine for a second and maybe it's only me who could sense the vulnerability in his eyes right now.

"I- I'm sorry for not telling you about Jayden and I know it's horrible of me to keep something that precious from you Aiden... But what do I do? Liam was counting months literally and I chose to be selfish right then..."

"That's all you've got to say mot-" Aiden stops speaking when an unexpected sob escapes my lips. After all these years of hearing sorry from every person who knew about Jayden, I chose this moment to notice how a sorry can make you feel worse about things. How could sorry fix what happened?!

"Please keep talking," I tell Mrs. Waters not bothering to look at her or Aiden. My gaze is fixed on my fingers entwined with Aiden's as I pay full attention to what Mrs. Waters has to say. "I was happy when I got to finally spend time with my grandso-"

"Don't you dare address him like that," Aiden's angry voice interrupts her again making me close my eyes trying to calm down.

"S-sorry... I know I don't deserve to call him that after what I did... Liam got home that day and was furious upon the whole arrangement about me helping Bree. I never understood why he despised Bree and why he thought she would be a distraction for you... I played with Jayden and waited for you to get home so that I can explain things to you and make you meet him but then your dad came home first... Never did I expect things to happen the way they did," I wait for her to complete but she goes silent making me look at her with my tear filled eyes literally begging her to tell us the whole scene.