17|Promises.

Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lies man's only promise.

-- Leo Buscaglia

Aiden's Pov

I stare at Bree as she has her soup. She doesn't even allow anyone to help her with it, persistent as always. It's been a week since our confession and I've been waiting for Bree to open up but she said she needs some time and space before letting me in and I will give her that. We haven't been as close as we were but things have got a lot better and I couldn't ask for more right now.

Jackson seemed happy to see us back together but he's still worried about something that Bree is yet to tell me. I didn't see her smile yet, she just gives the tight fake smile sometimes which can fool many people but not me. I don't know if things are falling into place but they do feel right. "What are you think about?"

Bree's voice interrupts my thoughts and I look at her beautiful confused face. "It's nothing,"

She just nods her head, still not convinced with my answer and gets back to her soup while constantly giving me a look every two seconds as if she's trying to read my mind. I miss the talkative Bree, she used to say or do something to make me smile even at the worst situation. "When do I get to go home?"

"In two days," I keep my answer monotonic while a yawn escapes my lips.

"Aiden, just go and sleep. I'll call the nurses if I need anything. You look so ti-" I cut her off.

"Just have your soup Bree. I'll do fine, I'll sleep after you sleep," It's not just about taking care for her but it's about, letting her go out of my sight. I can't let that happen again.

"I finished my soup and stop being monotonic to me. Just go sleep," Bree gives me a cold stare but I make no move to do what she said.

"You're such a persistent dick!" She whisper shouts clearly annoyed with me.

"Oh sweetheart, don't you like it?" I suppress a smile at my comment while I observe her stiffen and a blush covers her face but seems like I touched a nerve but then she stays calm.

I didn't have to make such a remark, I keep making her upset. She tries grabbing some water from the table next to her bed and I stop her. "Let me get that for you,"

She gives me a tight smile accompanied with a nod and I give the glass of water to her. Something less awkward. "How are you feeling now? I mean the physio started so I just wanted to make sure, you're not in pain,"

I look at her for an answer while clearing all the food and grabbing a coke for myself. "It's hurts a little but I'm better. Good that the fractures were not that serious,"

I nod still upset that she's going to be hurting for a while and her broken ribs that are healing now, keep hurting her with the slightest movement sometimes. It hurts to see her like that. "Aiden?"

"Yeah?"

"Did you talk to your mom yet?" I sigh shaking my head indicating that I didn't. I don't understand why she wants me to talk to my mom when all along my parents were not even polite with her. Yeah, right it's Bree and she always has an explanation for everything.

"You can't stay mad at her for long Aiden. She did what she thought is right and she probably is guilty about it so why not give her a chance?" She looks at me hopefully.

"I... I'll talk to her. I just need sometime and I need to know what happened first," I give her a tight smile before turning away heading to the sofa before her expression changes and open my laptop just to pretend as if I'm working. I quickly glance at Bree to fond her still staring at me.