19|When Secrets Unfold.

We wanted the freedom to love. We wanted the freedom to choose. Now we have to fight for it.

--Lauren Oliver

Aiden's Pov

"Bree would you just say something? You're beginning to scare me," I state looking at Bree who's been silent ever since we got into the car. Something seems off and the worst part is, I could feel the fear of something bad that's going to happen.

I grab her hand into mine and give it a slight squeez, making her look at me with confused emotions along with fear that I saw in her eyes when I left her. "What's going on?" The questions slips out of my mouth making Bree press her lips into a thin line showing the stress she's going through.

"If you get to know things you had to sooner..." Taking a deep breath and looking at our hands, she continues, "but if I was the one to keep stuff from you... w-would you leave me again?"

I look at her confused trying to make sense of her jumbled words. I never heard Bree mess up with what she has to say before, "I should've known you wouldn't understand,"

Bree keeps shaking her head in disappointment and then it strikes my stupid head, "I would never leave you baby doll, I promised you remember? And even if you keep something from me, I'm sure you had a reason to do so and I'm sure you'll let me know when the right time comes up,"

I just hope this would help her open up to me, just hope and how can I even afford to lose her again? No, definitely not. "Aiden, what I'm going to show you today might actually change your mind..."

"And what is that you're going to show me?" I look at her with my curious eyes trying to read her mind. Why does she confuse me so much?!

The car stops with a jerk, making me clash my head with Bree's, "shit!"

"Are you alright?" I ask Bree as I hear her curse in pain. "I'm alright, just hurts a little but I'm fine now,"

Is she being cold to me now?! Oh god no, not again. This is going to make things harder then they already are. I sigh looking out of the window and realising we reached Bree's house. Looks pretty impressive like her house back in DC.

I get out of the car as soon as Brad opens the door and face Bree once again. "I'm carrying you in,"

She just silently nods making me grin in victory but my heart clenched at the sight of the cold and probably vulnerable Bree once again. Tucking a hand under her thighs and once around her back, I slowly help her out before bracing her completely. "We've should go back to DC sometime, to refresh our memories,"

I whisper with a smile but she just shifts a little before opening her mouth to say something but closes it almost immediately as the sound of the doors opening interrupts us making me sigh. Everything's got such a great timing.

"Welcome home you two!" Maria sounds with excitement lacing in her voice making me feel as if nothing really changed. Brad heads to her before us and pecks her lips making her turn a tinge of pink.

Taking a deep breath, I step in and feel Bree tense up in my arms. I look her to find her making eye contact with Brad and Maria as if she's telling them something by just giving them a look. "Why don't you guys sit down and have some tea before heading back to your rooms?"

"Sure," I say following Brad into the living room through the huge double doors revealing the classic designed living room with natural lighting. A brown carpet covering the wooden floor as I walk and I slowly settle Bree down on the couch. I look down at her to find her looking anywhere but my face. What did I do now? Or is she feeling uncomfortable because I'm at her house?