01|Trying Hard To Breathe.

"No matter what my life is shadowed with a cloud of sorrow, guilt and sadness,"

Six years later.

Bree's pov.

"Mr. Callaway I'm sorry but I've already told you that we're not interested in the deal with your company," I say over the phone and get off my seat.

I walk out of my office. I see Olivia and close the mouth piece of the phone with my palm.

"I told you guys not to forward Mr. Callaway's calls to me!" I whisper shout at my manager.

"I'm so sorry. Give the phone to me, I'll take over the call," she says with an apologetic smile and I give her the phone.

How do I answer nearly fifty calls a day from different companies without my manger helping me? I sigh and walk towards Jackson's office. I enter without knocking.

Ricky was there too. Ricky is one of the directors of our company along with me and Jackson.

"Why the fuck do they keep connecting Callaway's phone to me?" I mumble as I take a seat with my legs crossed.

"I'm going to sue the guy if he calls again," I say trying to cool down.

"Why don't you go to the boutique and relax for the rest of the day?" Jackson asks me.

"Nah, I'll be fine," I say and sip on some water.

"We're getting new deals with a few good companies but none of them seem good enough," Ricky says.

"Rick it's better we wait till we get a company good enough to increase the status of our company than compromise on the small deals," I say.

"She's right," Jackson tells Ricky and and he nods his head in agreement.

Jackson's landline starts ringing and we go silent. Jackson picks the call and talks.

Our company is in the top ten list of UK. I'll not do anything to let down my father's company nor will I give up on my mom's boutique that I took over after college.

"We're having our final meeting with the B&B group tomorrow," Jackson says hanging up on the phone.

"What time?" Ricky asks.

"Ten a.m, in our building," Jackson replies.

"Great, I can't wait to get rid of them," I say resting my forehead against my palm.

"The feeling is mutual," Jackson and Ricky say letting out a laugh but stopped. Of course they did because I'm here. I stand up and set my skirt.