03|Nothing Was My Choice.

"I had to fight like hell and fighting like hell has made me who I am."

Bree's pov.

My phone starts ringing as I drive back to my office. It's Ricky.

"Hey Rick, "I say over the bluetooth . I just wasn't in a mood of thinking of anything but I can't skip work.

"Where the hell did you dissappear? "He asks me or almost shouts at me over the phone.

"I just wanted to spend some time with Jayden," I say . I don't know what kind of a human I am. I'm drained out of all my emotions and I don't even cry when I feel like it.

"Is everything alright? " he asks me softly.

"It's nothing Rick. By the way Stacey came in for the interview today and I gave her the job," I inform him.

"No shit sherlock. How could you give her a job? You know how she is," Ricky says almost screams.

"Rick she's in need alright and that was Stacey in high school , she's changed a lot," I say taking a turn to the highway.

"And how do you know she changed?" He asks me.

"Her daughter fell of the first floor of her building and is now in coma. Stacey was in search of a job that would offer her a good salary so that she can support her husband with the bills ," I say .

I'm ready to help Stacey with the hospital expenses. I know how it is when your baby is in hospital.

I shake my head to get rid of the thoughts. Why did everything happen to me?

I never had a choice. Never.

"Hmmm.....I think you did a good thing," Ricky says.

"I'm close to the office Rick. I'll talk to you in there," I say taking a turn to the building located in the center of the city.

"Yeah okay," he agrees with me and drops the call.

Work was a distraction for me and that's what I wanted. I know sooner or later I've got to confront Aiden because that's the company in competition with ours.

I know nothings going to ever change cause I'm not letting him ever again. Not that I don't love him but I just can't let him suffer the way I did.

I still love him and will love him till the end. I just never got to say it and maybe I never will.

I enter the gates to our company and stop the car right in front. I have a driver but sometimes I insist on driving on my own.

I get out of the car, grabbing my phone in the process. I hand over the keys to my driver so that he could park it and enter the office building.

"Good afternoon, " I hear the employees saying as I enter and greet them back with a fake smile and a 'good afternoon'.

No matter what each and every employee deserves to be appreciated because it's not only the hardwork of me , Jackson or Ricky, atleast fifty percent of the credit goes to the employees .