Chapter Twenty Five

"Let's play twenty questions," Niall proposes as Harry and I sit down on the couch in his living room. I shrug, looking to Harry.

"Sure, if you'd like."

I decided to come back to Harry's apartment for a few hours before my shift tonight. I've been slowly accumulating more shifts, pushing through the pain so I can pay off the hospital bill. A whopping $4300 bill for a broken leg. I never even asked for it, fuckin' hell.

"Sit, sit. Everyone sit," Niall commands, taking a seat at the couch with a beer in his hand. He offers it to Harry who declines.

"Nah, I gotta drive Aubrey to work," he says, shaking his head. I raise an eyebrow. This is news to me.

"How do you even know I work tonight?" I ask.

"You told me when you first got here," he laughs. "You out of it or something?"

"No, I guess I just forgot." I sigh.

"So you're driving her?" Niall asks.

Harry nods.

"Harry, it's a block away. A five minute walk. You're not driving me," I insist.

"Yes, but you're on crutches."

"And?" I give him a look. Does he think I'm unable to walk for five minutes on crutches? Does he think I'm weak? "I spend hours working on crutches, I think I can manage a five minute walk. I'm not immobile, Harold." I narrow my eyes at him.

"You know that's not what I meant," he frowns. "I just wanted to help."

My facial expression softens.

"Alright, no arguing. Let's play." Niall crosses his leg.

Louis takes a seat next to Niall on the couch and I adjust my position on Harry's lap in one of the single-person sofas. His hand runs up and down my arm soothingly.

"ZAYN!" Louis yells at the top of his lungs, causing me to cringe back at the volume. Eeks.

"Okay, no need to break Aubrey's eardrums," Harry tuts.

Jeez, he is pretty protective of me, isn't he? Worried about my eardrums, ha.

"I'm first!" Louis says excitedly, looking to Harry. Harry rolls his eyes at his overexcitement. He obviously doesn't want to play, but only is because I am and he doesn't want to leave my side.

"Are you now?" He mumbles.

"Yes. Now, Harold, tell us about your first girlfriend." He grins evilly.

Really?

I frown at Louis' "question". Which isn't even a question-

"That's not a question," Harry and I say at the same time. I turn my head to smile at him.

"Okay." Louis quickly rephrases his sentence. "Who was your first girlfriend?"

"Jessica," he answers simply. I know he's avoiding this as much as I am.

Louis said he would wait for me, but now he's trying to make me jealous and stray from Harry? That makes me angry, actually.