Chapter Nine

"What do you mean you only gave her one drink?!" Harry shouts in another room.

Sound really travels in this apartment.

"I got her one cup of vodka when she came in! I honestly didn't give her anything else! I swear, man!" Another British accent yells back. Louis.

"That's not the point, Tomlinson. I would much rather you give her drinks than some random guy at a club." He sighs. "What happens if someone drugged her and you never found her stumbling to the washroom? Huh?!" Harry's voice raises higher with thoughts of losing me.

Does he care that much?

"And no, that does not give you permission to get her drunk," he adds harshly.

"Can you please chill out a little bit, man? You're going to wake up Aubrey if you don't quiet down."

"Who the fuck is Aubrey?" I can hear the hitch in Harry's breathing before he speaks again.

"Fuck, she gave us a different name, didn't she? That's why she said she hated me calling her Lea on the phone." I can practically hear the pieces clicking together in his mine. "Her name is Aubrey, then?"

"Yeah. Josh told me," Louis sighs.

"Wait. Josh was there, too? Why wasn't he with her?" Harry slams his fist down. "Why the hell wasn't anyone watching her! She was God damn plastered!" He yells, and the sound of glass shattering echoes down the hallway and into my room.

"You can't protect her that much, man. She has a life. And, it's not like she's yours or anything. She has her own free will. She doesn't need someone to watch her!"

"And what happens when that free will is destroyed when someone kidnaps her? Did you even hear the full story of when she came here?" Harry argues back in a less harsh tone. Somehow, this tone seems even deadlier.

"She got followed home, so she jumped over the fence. Simple enough," Louis sighs. Glass scrapes across the floor.

"No, not simple. Do you remember saying how high that fence was? Do you remember her crying, her screaming?"

Louis remains silent.

"It wasn't easy for her to get over that fence. She had to have been in a hell of a lot of danger to have the will to climb over a fence that high."

"She was screaming?" Louis asks.

"How else did you wake up, then?"

"Well, Zayn got up and he slammed his door shut, and -" Harry cuts off Louis.

"Hypothetical question, Louis," he spits.

"I woke up to her yelling. I heard her sobbing through the wall. When I walked in, the first thing she did was turning her head to hide her face from me. I went in to comfort her and she wouldn't stop crying. Her head was pressed so hard against me, trying to hold onto any bit of comfort she could. She was scared, so scared.

"You guys didn't see it, but I did. I saw how she reacted when the sound of the doorknob opening rang through the room. Her breathing stopped and she tried to hide herself, bury herself in me. She was so afraid. Someone did something to her.