Chapter Thirty Nine

"You're gonna do great," I tell him as some staff members direct us backstage. Julian leads us to a small room with a few black leather couches and a few stations for hair styling and makeup.

Each station featured a sleek black vanity desk and a tall, rectangular mirror hanging upon the wall above it. There were three vanity stations total. Littered with expensive makeup and hair supplies, it was organized chaos but somehow looked nice. Basic hair tools neatly line each mirror. Next to each vanity stood a black leather stool, matching the couches on the other side of the room. You can tell just from the brands and quality of the supplies how rich these boys are.

"Harry," a lady says, sitting in one of the leather stools beside the middle vanity. I look at her reflection in the mirror. "Who's this?"

"Lou," he hums. "This is Aubrey, my girlfriend." He turns to me. "Aubrey, this is Lou. She's our hair stylist for our shows and any appearances we do."

"Oh," I greet her with a small smile and wave. "Hi, Lou."

"Hi darling," she greets me kindly. "Aubrey, was it?" She pulls me aside from Harry as the boys take a seat on the couches, Niall helping himself to a platter of cheese and crackers.

"Yeah," I say quietly.

"How long have you been with Harry? It's been so long since I've seen the boys."

"Two months," I smile.

"He treats you good?"

I nod. "Yeah, very."

"I'm glad to hear it," she smiles.

Aw, she seems like a really nice person.

"Niall, stop munchin' on crackers and come over here so I can get my hands on that rat's nest of yours," she barks at Niall.

Niall's hands subconsciously touch his hair and he frowns. "My hair isn't that bad, is it?"

I laugh. "She's teasing you."

"No, she's not," Harry blurts.

"Harry!" I scold. "Be nice."

"I'm just being honest!" He exclaims, shrugging as he tells the harsh truth.

Two hours later, the boys all sit crammed together on a red couch in the centre of the stage. Next to them, a blonde male interviewer sits in a single couch cushion with his legs crossed.

The boys talk about their new upcoming album, announcing to the public the title of it and that they are planning to release the album cover later in the week. The fans scream loudly, some even tearing up in the audience. I watch some of them who have theirs eyes attached to Harry and won't look anywhere else. Man, that must be sad. Obsessed with someone you don't even really know. Only an illusion.

It goes on for a while, talking about the album and their new tour which is coming up in three months, as well as some of Liam's public appearances with Sophia. Before I know it, I'm brought back to reality after zoning out when I hear my name being mentioned.

"Fans have tracked down this girl who has been seen with you a lot," the interview starts, switching his legs. "Aubrey, her name is? What can you tell me about her?"

Harry smiles. "Well, Aubrey lives here in Toronto. She's a local artist and is quite popular for her work being really emotional." The interviewer smiles. "We're really close," he murmurs.

"How close?"

"Well, we're dating," he announces. "It's new for us but she's perfect."

"How new?"