Chapter Six

When I got to my apartment, the first thing I saw was Josh sleeping on my couch.

Shit.

I entirely forgot to let him know I wasn't coming back. I also forgot about the ball game until now, which means we missed it.

Walking up to him, I threw my bags to the floor and tap on his shoulder.

"Josh?" I whisper. "Wake up. I'm sorry I didn't text you that I wasn't coming home."

He groans and shifts his back against the couch. "Mmhm. What?"

"We missed the game, didn't we?" I ask. I expected Josh to get upset, but instead, he pulls me down onto the couch into a hug.

"Yeah," he yawns. "I don't care though, I'm just glad you're safe. You never came home and I got worried. I must've fell asleep on the couch."

Josh snuggles into my neck.

"Are you going to tell me where you were?" He asks.

"I'll tell you but you have to keep calm. If you freak out I won't be telling you anything."

"Yeah, whatever. Fine." He sticks his tongue out at me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"I slept over with Harry Styles," I admit quietly.

"This is not the time to joke around, Aubrey. I was seriously worried. Now tell me where you were."

"I'm not joking. I literally slept over at his house."

"You're not joking?" He questions, half in shock.

"I'm not."

"How did you get there then?"

"I was followed home by some guy and hopped Harry's fence without knowing. He let me stay the night since I couldn't get out without the fans going nuts."

I stifle back a laugh as he starts to freak out. It's very cute.

"You stayed the entire fucking night with One Direction? And you never even texted or called me to say you were okay? Or that you were with my idols?"

It doesn't take long for me to burst into laughter.

"Okay, relax a little bit," I chuckle.

"I can't believe you never even let me know."

"I was busy, man. And a little freaked out that someone followed me home."

Josh scratches his head leans forward on his hands.

My phone vibrates on the glass table and I reach for it.

"Pass me my phone, eh?" I ask.

Josh tosses my phone towards me. My screen lights up again with a text from Harry.

H: Hey, Lea, right?

Aubrey: hey harry. that's me