Chapter Fifteen

I sigh a breath of relief as Harry opens the door to his apartment. It almost seems too quiet. And it's much too clean - not a spot of dirt that I can see.

Harry collapses on the couch as I kick off my one shoe and walk down the hallway. The buzz of a soccer game echoes throughout the apartment as I open the door to my bedroom, holding my crutches in one hand.

Relief pumps through my veins as my bed comes into view. Somehow, despite the nightmares conceived on it, the bed was filled with feelings of comfort. It's probably because of Harry and the memories of him, of his comfort.

I lean my crutches against the bedframe and lie down, spreading out in the muddle of the mattress. I forgot how much I love this bed.

The door rumbles as someone knocks on the door.

"Come in!" I holler.

Harry pops his head through the door, walking in with his arms full of pillows and blankets.

"Hey." I smile at him. "What's with that?"

"Well, you're going to be here for a while, so you'll need to be comfortable, yeah?" Harry says.

"You're not actually going to make me stay in my bed all day, will you?"

"Yep. I definitely am," he says with a smirk.

"Harry," I whine. "You can't be serious." I put a pouty face on, which probably wasn't too convincing. Harry threw a pillow in my face before putting some behind my neck.

"Did you just hit me with a pillow?" I ask seriously. I want to smirk so badly, but I keep my face straight.

No reply.

"Butt," I mutter.

"What did you just call me?"

"I said you are a bum. Like always," I say accusingly. I can't help but laugh.

"You're the bum!" Harry exclaims. I throw the pillow back at him, but he catches it. "Oh boy, you've asked for this."

Oh shit.

My stomach rolls at his vocabulary, butterflies erupting copiously.

Harry begins throwing pillows at my head rapid-fire.

I immediately retaliate, aiming for his head. One of the tougher pillows comes my way and I catch it before it hits me.

Ha ha. Bad luck, buddy.

I chuck the harder pillow at Harry's balls. Surprisingly, he doesn't dodge it. It hits him straight in the middle and he falls to the floor, holding his crotch.

"Ha!" I yell triumphantly, laughing. "You deserved that." He groans.

"Aubrey..."

"I'm sorry, babe, I can't help you, I'm on permanent bed rest until further notice," I smirk.

"Ha!" Harry exclaims and jumps up, pointing at me. "You just admitted to your bed rest."

I gasp quietly. "You tricked me."

"And you believed it, too!" He laughs loudly. "You really think a pillow can take me down?" He chuckles again and throws a pillow at my head again. I don't even attempt to stop it.

"Bum," I repeat. Harry smiles and hops over to the opposite side of the bed. He ignores the mess and climbs in beside me. "But you're my bum."

"I'm most definitely your bum," he says, smiling. I lean my head on his forehead, my heart fluttering and my stomach running in circles. I feel so content in this moment.