Telling The Parents

The next morning I went to go downstairs but was once again pulled into a closet.

I almost screamed but a hand went over my mouth.

"You really need to stop doing that before I have a heart attack," I told a laughing Austin.

"You know you like it," He said cheekily.

I stuck my tongue out at him like a two year and laughed.

"So our secret is out to another person," I said quietly.

He raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't say anything once again, but Cara just guessed it," I said.

Austin chuckled.

"I think we should tell your parents because I may or may not have told my mom," Austin said finding interest in the carpet of the closet.

I opened my mouth to say something but he interrupted me.

"She swore not to tell anyone, and I just had to tell someone! I was too happy!"

Any trace of anger or betrayal that I felt a second ago, vanished and I smiled.

"Well considering I managed to 'tell' two people its fine, and what did she say?" I asked putting air quotes around 'tell.'

He looked back up at me a grinned.

"She said, and I quote, 'its about time,'" He said.

I laughed quietly.

"Well, I do want to tell my parents, but I don't know if you haven't noticed, but they're being very protective over me right now," I said.

"I have noticed, but they just so happen to love me," He said confidently.

I laughed.

"And you're so sure of that?" I asked raising an eyebrow and putting a hand on my hip.

"I hope they love me. They've basically raised me as much as my mom raised you and AC," He said.

AC and I've been over at Austin's so many times that his mom is pretty much our second mom.

I guess that gives me three moms because of Cara's mom as well.

Austin now looked slightly nervous.

I decided to take the pressure off.

"Don't worry, I've heard both my mom and dad say, they see you as a second son," I said.

He smiled

"That makes me feel better," He said.

I smiled.

Austin took my hands in his and interlaced our fingers together.

"So when do you want to tell them?" He asked smiling at me sweetly.

I hesitated for a moment.

"How about today?" He asked me carefully.

I hesitated momentarily.

"Then I'll take you on an amazing date," He tempted.

I dropped my jaw.

"That's evil!" I said.

He chuckled.

"Admit it, you would think there was something wrong with me if I didn't do something like this?" He said grinning.

I glared at him, but he had a point.

I sighed in defeat.

"Fine, but if we're going to tell them today, we're doing it right now," I said grabbing the door handle.