I Can't Sleep

I took an extra long shower that night after the game.

I stood under the warm water that I kept making warmer and warmer.

I just let the water wash everything away, but it couldn't wash away my thoughts-sadly.

The kiss was on his cheek and it didn't mean anything. I was just happy that he let me drive, and I've kissed his cheek on other occasions like tonight's.

I thought back to the exact moment I kissed his cheek.

What did he do?

He grinned, but that was probably because he was slightly laughing over how excited I was to drive, or was it.

He didn't grin until after I kissed his cheek.

I moaned in frustration and turned the water off.

I grabbed my towel and dried my face before wrapping it around my body.

I stepped out I'd the shower and went in my room.

I slipped on my under garments and put on basketball shorts-that I've "borrowed" from Alex-and a dark blue spaghetti strap tank top.

I quickly blow dried my hair so I wouldn't go to sleep with a wet head and wake up with a birds nest.

Then I put it in a messy bun, brushed my teeth, and went downstairs for some water.

I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and went over to my parent who were sitting in the couch.

They had gotten home when I was in the shower.

"'Night mom," I said kissing her cheek. "'Night dad." I kisses his cheek.

"'Night Riley," They said in unison.

I went back upstairs to go to my room, and that meant walking past Alex's room.

I heard Alex and Austin-he stays over over almost every Friday-slightly yelling.

I opened the door slightly to see them standing-both shirtless-and playing a racing game.

They were yelling at the game and arguing with each other.

"No, I said go right!" Austin yelled at the game.

"I'm ahead of you!" Alex said to Austin.

*Alex elbows Austin with a grin in his face*

"Now your not!" Austin said grabbing Alex's controller and tossing it aside.

Alex then tackled Austin and they started wrestling.

I shut the door quietly trying really hard not to laugh to give me away.

I hurried to my room and bust of laughing.

Boys will be boys, I thought finally able to breath.

No, Alex and Austin will be Alex and Austin, I told myself a second later.

I shook my head lightly and giggled.

I laid on the foot of my bed on my belly and turned on my TV.

I flipped through the channels until I found Criminal Minds.

"Yes!" I whispered happily to myself.

I laid there and watched Criminal Minds very content with it when my door shot open and two boys-bet you can't guess who-ran through and jumped on me.