Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

     "And that is why you never trust the government with your peanut butter." Alexandria is perched on a pile of peanut butter jars in her bedroom. We are all surrounding her on her plush carpeting playing a game of Go Fish. Yeah, we were all in high school, your point is? Greyson stares at her with surprise in result of her previous rant. I will admit it was quite ridiculous.

     "Wait, so you don't let the government have peanut butter because they use it all to create peanut butter snickers?" His voice is coated with confusion and mere exhaustion in result of listening to her ramble about the product of peanuts for five minutes.

     Opening my sixth mini peanut butter snicker, I chew while mumbling, "Oddly, I do not see the problem with that." Those puppies were good. Reaching my hand back inside the "fun size" bag I find myself empty. Really? Those things were not fun size. Fun size is snickers packed together like a ginormous cake. A snickeloaf.

     "Still," AJ continues stubbornly. "One day they'll use all of it for the snickers. Just watch," she leans in close to Greyson's face and wags her pointer finger under his nose, "Never trust the government." Greyson sits there as if in a daze then responds foolishly, "But the government is the one who makes the peanut butter. That makes no sense."

     Instantly, he receives the coldest and iciest glare I've ever seen given in my entire lifetime. "You know," Alexandria begins. "I can kick you out of my house and make sure you walk home."

     Greyson looks up at me then back down at his deck of cards, gulping nervously. AJ smiles victoriously then begins on her third jar of peanut butter. Greyson eyes her anxiously then murmurs, "Go fish."

***

     We are found sitting on Alexandria's bed after the card game, completely and utterly bored. Therefore, AJ was hanging off the end of her bed throwing a ball absentmindedly at the wall and Greyson was hanging off the other side fiddling with a ball of string. At this particular moment he had quite a remarkable resemblance to a cat. Of course, me being the most mature one, I was sprawled out on the top of the bed, trying to avoid their feet, like a normal person.

     "Why don't you hang off the edge of the bed?" Greyson asks as he twirls the little strand of yarn around his index finger. Shrugging my shoulder I respond by stating, "The blood rushes to your head and a little shock can give you a heart attack." He laughs heartily as if he doesn't believe me. Suddenly, a thought pops into my head. Oh, I could have fun with this. Instantly, I scream loudly and Greyson and Alexandria both fall off the bed panicking.

     "Drew! You gave me a heart attack!" AJ screams clutching her chest dramatically. Smiling cheekily at Greyson I retort, "Theory proved." He just rolls his eyes and smirks. Reaching into my renewed bag of peanut butter snickers, I pop one into my mouth. You know that thing I said about me being the most mature, scratch that.

     "Alright guys," Greyson begins. "We can't just sit around and do nothing the rest of the day. How about we do something?" Alexandria immediately leaps off the floor and screams, "TRUTH OR DARE!" For some reason I remember the comment Alexandria made yesterday about Greyson and I. Somehow I know that this is when she planned to do it. "No, not truth or dare." I state seriously. Of course, no one listens because Greyson waves his hand in the air as if putting it off and says, "Come on, it'll be fun."

     He pulls me down to sit next to him in a circle and Greyson goes first, "Alexandria, truth or dare?"

     "Dare!" AJ shoots out rapidly. Greyson ponders momentarily then commands, "I dare you to put peanut butter on your armpits then using the same peanut butter make a sandwich out of it then eat it." Looking at AJ to see what she would do she simply shrugs goes into the kitchen for peanut butter, I'm surprised they had any left, and two loaves of bread and knife. I sit there in horror as I watch her spread it on her armpits, scrape it off with the same knife, and slap it on the bread. My stomach churns when I see her take a bite of the sandwich. "Yum, tastes like coconut."