Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

     "His favorite color is pink?" Aj squeaks in exclamation over the phone. In order to save my hearing, I must pull the phone away from my ear. Nodding, I know she is unable to see me so I respond verbally. "Yeah, for real. But, for some reason, I'm not angry with him anymore. I think I've decided to give him a chance."

     Aj has a spaz attack over the phone line.

     "Yay! And it's a good thing too because I kind of invited him over to my house tomorrow when you come over." She rushed this together so it sounded like itsagoodthingbecauseIkindofinvitedhimovertomyhousetomorrowwhenyoucomeover. Thank the Lord I had learned to decipher how fast she can talk years ago. "Fine, I guess I can't do anything about it anyway." Oddly, there is a silence over the phone and I know she is never quiet. Suddenly, there is a crunching sound.

     "Um, girl, what are you eating?" I inquire instantly regretting it. God knows what she is eating, note the catsup covered lettuce. Yeah, it's revolting. "Um, nothing I have no idea what you're talking about," She replies with a mouthful of some type of nourishment. Chuckling I shoot back.

"Liar."

"Fine, its Cocoa Crunchies with the new fudgy flavor."

     She states in the voice of an infomercial announcer. It surprised me how much this girl could eat and not gain a single ounce. It's probably from all that soccer but still, I ate a whole lot less than her and did just as much exercise but if I ate even a little more than I did I would gain like three pounds. Can you tell I was waiting for that super fast metabolism you get at fourteen?

     "Wow, Aj," I begin in-between her munching. Crunch,crunch,crunch. "I'm amazed by you." Parched, I grab a cup of water and begin drinking. Crunch,crunch,crunch. "Thanks, babe, I'm surprised at how you and Greyson haven't made out yet." Instantly, I spew out my water from every orifice in my face. "What? We are not like that! I just started liking him!" I emphasize on the just, in case she didn't catch that in the first place.

     "Whatever," she begins grabbing something else to eat. "All I know is by the time you guys leave my house tomorrow you will be lovers."

"Alexandria!"

"Bye!!"

     That's when the line goes dead.

***

     After that inappropriate remark from Aj, I decide to head over to Greyson's room. Yeah, Greyson, don't judge me, he was cool. Anyway, I throw up my hair into a ponytail and pull on my green tanktop and fuzzy pajama pants. I didn't want Greyson thinking I was trying to look good for him did I? Heading into the living room, I am greeted by a mother passed out on the couch and a very attentive father and brother with their eyes glued to the television set. Did I even want to know what they were watching? Nawh.

     "Hey Daddy," I begin in that little girl voice. If I kept up the little girl act for my whole life I could get whatever I wanted. I know every girl does that to her dad, so do not judge. "Yeah, baby doll," he begins looking up at me from the couch. Walking over to him I plop down in his lap. "Can I go hang out at Greyson's for a while?" I make puppy dog eyes and pout my lip. He ponders it for a minute going back to the tv that my brother is attached to. I find nearly naked models prancing across a runway, dear God help me.

     "Sure," he responds after watching a certain redhead in a skimpy bikini. "Just be careful and be back by eleven, alright. I do not know this Greyson kid." I exhale in exasperation and nod my head. What makes me skedaddle is a blonde coming on stage and my eleven-year-old brother screaming, "Look at her-!" Before he can finish I kiss my dad goodbye, grab the apartment keys, and dash out the door.