Chapter 22: An Idea Strikes

Chapter 22

Scarlett's P.O.V

I ran into my house slamming the door shut. I was out of breath. Really I thought Night would chase after me. He could have easily stopped me but he didn't. Rushing up the stairs I tripped half way and hurt my knee. Continuing up the stairs in bearable pain I made it to the bathroom.

Looking in the mirror I almost laughed. If it weren't for my situation I would have. My hair was tied but it was a freaking mess. I was sweaty and I looked like I hadn't eaten in days. Leaning over the counter, my palms on the sink I steadied my breath. I asked myself questions to get back on track.

What's the last thing I remember before I woke up?

"Maria shot me with something." I said aloud.

What else do you remember before Razor shot you with the same thing? I paused for a moment.

"Wait. Razor actually shot me with something. This makes it official. Razor is now an enemy." I said looking into my dead looking reflection. "Even if he is cute." I said without thinking.

My hands flew to cover my mouth. I did not just say that, did I? Great I actually have time to think about things like that. That's right. I don't!

I randomly undressed myself and shut the bathroom door. Examining my body for anything I didn't notice before, I looked my reflection in the eyes. Who the hell am I? What the hell am I? I heard everything. Everything Nikki told the pack when I was supposedly 'knocked out' as Damien put it. Does this make me non-human?

H.A.I kidnapped me and my family. My family died because of them. My memory was erased, bit of it anyway. My parents gave me a memory creator. Damn the world for advancing so much to be able to create such a thing.

So all the memories with them aren't real? Realization hit me, and it hit me hard. Tears flood my eyes and I slid down to the floor on my knees. I wept in agony as if it would take away the pain I felt. I sobbed and couldn't control my cries, sounding ridiculously like a child.

Taking off whatever bits of clothes I had on I turned on the shower and shut the glass door. Before thinking I just walked into beyond freezing water. It took away whatever breath I managed to gather between sobs and cries. Scooting to the edge of the shower hoping it would give my some heat I switched the water to hot. Steam filled the shower immediately. Standing there for a minute, the burning water took away all my goose-bumps. Even then I couldn't stop crying. I fell to the shower floor and cried harder, feeling the pain get stronger as my siblings faces flashed in my mind.

I got out of the shower after a good two hours. Eesh. The tears wouldn't stop. I wore long old sweats that were washed and comfy with a big over sized shirt. Locking everything in my house I went to my room.

I locked the windows not wanting any surprise visitors throughout the night. Falling into my bed, I decided I'm skipping school tomorrow. My body was red from all the heat of the water but, even then I felt cold inside.

I turned my laptop on quickly and played the song 'I Won't Give Up' by Jason Mraz and left it on replay. Even though it didn't really relate to my feelings I just wanted to hear it. The last part of the song I remember was "Even the stars they burn, some even fall to the earth..."

The next morning I woke up around 10:00 a.m. I wanted to sleep a bit more but I also wanted to go for a walk or something. Just to keep me from crying. I was already outside walking past a couple of shops. I stopped to admire a string instrument shop.

There was an old man and a little girl sitting on some ledge like thing and eating sandwiches together. Cute, I thought. When the man turned to look at me he smiled. I returned a smile too. Or at least I think I did.

I walked pretty far from my house. Stopping at a red light there was someone besides me. I looked to meet the gaze of gold eyes. It was an older man. Not too old maybe around his 20's.

He was cute. He had chocolate brown hair with that superman curl I knew a lot of girls liked. He smiled, and I didn't really care. Looking back at the light I began to walk. He did look back at me a bit depressed but, eh. Why were people smiling at me? Not that I hated it, I just wondered if I looked too depressed.

I stopped to take a break. I looked at my watch. It was 11 a.m only. Sitting at a park bench I watched as couples walked by. Familiar faces skipping school, kids playing, and there were a few cats roaming around. The warm breeze flew a flyer into my face I ripped it off. Looking at it angrily I scowled. It caught my interest. It read:

'Looking for a new skill to gain? Or just wanna kill time?

Try target practice. It's fun, helps you get active and can totally show your wild side.

Interested???

Contact info: Erza Milayn and Viper Milayn

31405 Caroline Street.'

There was a contact number and I began to dial. Could be fun or just a bunch of creeps, never know until you try right?

=====================================================================================

Hey people! I know this was a short chapter. It was meant to be. I just wanted to put something out there to keep you guys slightly occupied and not giving up on me. I am still writing. School's almost over so that equals more chaps...Hopefully.

P.S I finally fixed the unbold thing! you like?

Fan!!!

Vote!!

Comment!

XOxo, Monsterzrus