Chapter 10: Tell a Lie From a Secret...

Hello guys!! So I have to admit that the story is a bit slow but I'm going to start picking up the pace ok? Yes! Here goes my attempt to pick up the pace ; ] Night's P.O.V. I hope you like what you read. Random I'm listening to Japanese rock love. I think... it doesn't inspire the chapter. IMPORTANT WHEN YOU GUYS SEE THIS ===== SYMBOL MEANS THE CHAP IS OVER. WHEN YOU SEE ****THAT MEANS LIKE LATER ON in the story OR SOMEONE ELSE'S P.O.V. I WILL LET YOU KNOW THOUGH IN PARENTHESIS :) Sorry for any typos, or oddness :P

=====================================================================================

Chapter 10

Scarlett's P.O.V

The blackness hit. I was in a new setting. I was looking down at my shoes. Little feet with small strap on ballet shoes entered my view. I remember these shoes. I loved them so much because my mom had bought them for my dance lessons.

They had small blue glittered butterflies connected to each strap on my feet. I looked up and saw my mom recording me with her old camera. Mom had on her black heels, and a black knee-length pencil skirt. She was wearing a black suit blouse and a white silk ruffled-neck shirt inside. Her black hair was pulled back in a sleek pony tail. The diamond ring she had on made the entire committee of mothers jealous.

This was when I was about 5 years old. That day I had just finished my first ballet lesson. I was going to get ice-cream with my mom.

Everything went white. All the people and objects became white and other colors. It was like when you invert a picture to become opposite colors. I closed my eyes afraid of what was happening. When it felt safe I opened them again.

Tears took over when I saw the person ahead of me. Her long beautiful wavy auburn colored hair fell on her shoulders. She was tall and thin and had green eyes. Gorgeous emerald green eyes stared back at me with sadness. The woman had on a long white dress made of pure silk. It hid her body.

"Mom." I said walking towards her.

She is my birth mother Athena. Her arms stretched out, meant for me to walk into them. I walked even faster but she stayed as far as she was. Panicking I start to run. I stayed exactly in place. I wasn't moving a bit forward.

I screamed with all my mind and my heart "MOM"!!!

Finally I was getting closer. I got closer and closer till I reached her. I ran into her arms. Instead I felt nothing. No flesh, no skin, no person.

I ran right through my mother's open arms. I looked at her with shock. She was transparent. Her face filled with sorrow. She looked at me and pointed at my hand.

My eyes that were drowning in tears, looked down. My tears had fallen to the ground splashing. They didn't look like tears though. I saw shimmers of silver drops on the ground. Like a glittery liquid eye-liner.

My eyes looked at my wrist and I saw a twinkle. I was wearing my bracelet. The one with my name engraved into it. I heard a sound. I would say it sounded like a twinkling star but I never experienced such a sound.

"You have a long journey ahead..." Mother's humming musical voice said to me.

That's all she said before she disappeared. I took in her voice and let it sink in.

Now I hear music. I was in what seemed like a festival. Everything was sepia colored. I was looking in a mirror. My hair was short and curled. My eyes were the only source of color I could see.

My skin was sepia colored along with my clothes and everything around me. I had on pearl studs and my dress was an old-style checkered dress. I wore knee high socks and flats.