Chapter 15: "I Feel Safe"

Scarlett's P.O.V

I changed back into that too tight maid outfit of mine and went downstairs. There was already a discussion going around. I felt Night's eyes on me but ignored it. The pack was talking about the Seekers. Quincy asked me about them but I pretended like I forgot. I didn't want them to know I was actually reading about them.

The chat came to an end when we figured nothing can be done without Jason and Nikki in the house. Everyone separated upstairs to their rooms. I followed Quincy and avoided Nights suspicious glare.

*************************************************************************************

(LATE NIGHT)

I woke up in the middle of the night for some reason, I was in pajamas and I wanted water. Shuffling came from the halls. I walked towards the noise and found Quincy walking to Naiomi's room. Naiomi surprisingly was actually wide awake. She hopped off her bed and slightly shut her door. What are they talking about? I quietly tip-toed over to her door and peeked through the crack of it.

"Nai...I have something to tell you." Quincy's voice quivered.

I've never heard Quincy call Naiomi, Nai before.

"What is it Quincy?" Naiomi's voice filled with confusion.

"Whenever you're around my wolf cries to be closer to you. I want you know that I will always be there for you. Even when you don't want me to be there. I can't help it and you need to know. No, actually you do know. You're just avoiding the fact." Quincy lets out.

My eyes went wide in surprise. QUINCY HAS A THING FOR NAIOMI?!How could I not have seen this?

"Quincy what are you trying to say?" asks Naiomi quietly.

"Were mates..." Quincy whispers almost in relief.

Oh my god. I can't believe this. Why didn't Naiomi tell me?

There was silence coming from Naiomi's side.

"Quincy...maybe it's just your imagination." Naiomi says. I can see the hurt expression on his face.

No Naiomi. Don't you dare turn this boy down! I wanted to scream. After all mates are mates. She can have that ultimate power and a love unimaginable to me.

Quincy's expression changed. He marched up right in front of her and kissed her. I hear Naiomi whimper. My cheeks burned like fire. Quincy? Did I just see a powerful side of Quincy? The sweetest boy ever? A gasp escaped my lips and Quincy turned around. I hid behind the door holding my mouth. I looked back and found his lips on hers once again.

I forced myself to watch still embarrassed at my actions. I should be giving them privacy. Naiomi kissed back with just the same amount of feeling. His hands held her face. This was so cute and odd at the same time. I wanted to shout with glee, but I was so shocked.

"That. Was not my imagination." Quincy pulls apart and breathes out.

"Mmm...no it was not." Naiomi says leaning in for another kiss.

"Wait I think someone's watching us." said Quincy walking up to the door.

I back up and started to crawl backwards. Then on my knees I crawled for a second more before I got up and started to run down the long hallway. I turned and hid behind a wall. Knowing he would be able to hear my breath I covered my mouth. Soon enough I heard the door shut.

I let out a huge sigh and turned around to walk somewhere random. Lionel's golden hair appeared into my view and I screamed. He covered my mouth and pushed against the wall. I tried to scream out but my voice only muffled.