Chapter 3: Finally a Friend

Here is CHAPTER THREE......!!! Theme music any kind I guess. Any who in this chapter everyone will meet Quincy. Who is he you ask? He is...........you have to read to find out hehehe. Might introduce more characters to you guys. I'm not sure yet. Well I will stop bothering you so you can read and enjoy. Hopefully...........and I'd really appreciate comments or tips or thoughts on the chapter and story itself. Thank you, and hope everyone likes it =)

=====================================================================================

Chapter 3

Scarlett's POV

I made my way to an area close enough to the school doors. I could have sworn that I felt someone watching me. Though whoever was watching me must have been far because I couldn't see anyone staring at me. The school doors opened up and all the students started swarming in with their little cliques. I made sure I got inside before I was ambushed by the jocks or judged by the "Mean Girls". I remembered to stop by the office to pick up my schedule for classes and my locker assignment. I never received the letter this summer, which was unusual.

I walked in and saw Ms. Lillencaster typing away at the computer. I've known Ms. Lillencaster since my first year at Safe-Haven Falls High. She was the only one woman there who didn't ask me if my hair was dyed. That was an issue when I first got here. Everyone, literally everyone, thought I dyed my hair red. When I told them it was natural no one believed me. People make such a big deal out of things these days.

A very socially popular girl named Erica Luntly told everyone I was a liar for telling them my hair was all natural. Then the next year she told everyone I made up my name to sound cool, and that my name was really Shelby Huntington. Honestly that name really wasn't that bad. I never said anything to stop her rumors. I just let it be and eventually they faded. I thought what good am I doing myself by lowering my standards and talking smack like her. Was that the wrong thing to do?

Anyway I was in the hall one day walking to my 4th hour. I was in the 10th grade. Erica and her "gang" huddled around me.

"So Scarlett." said Erica with a sneer. "I hear a lot of rumors about you, your family, and your dead real family." she said.

I looked straight at her and said "Are you sure you aren't the one spreading those rumors?"

The bell signaled that I was late for class.

"Don't be stupid." she said. "What reason would there be for me to give you any importance at all?"

"Umm I dunno, maybe the fact that you can't stand anyone giving my hair and I so much importance." I said.

"....Like I care who and what freaks talk to you!" scoffed.

Her and her little crew giggled in high pitched voices. Believe me its as annoying as I'm describing it to be.

"You probably do care considering one of those "freaks", as you say, was your boyfriend Trent." I said.

I felt bad for saying it, but he was giving me a little too much unwanted attention.

"STAY AWAY FROM MY TRENT..." Erica sneered it low and it sounded like a threat.

"Tell your precious Trent to stay away from me. Maybe then he'll understand to keep his distance......when you're around..." I added just for the heck of it.

She raised her hand as if to slap me. Then out of nowhere someone grabbed her hand. It was Ms. Lillencaster, but I didn't know her at the time.

"Excuse me ladies." she said calmly. "WHAT. IS. GOING. ON." The woman spoke and it was pretty bold for a secratary.