Chapter 10

Friday 27 June 2008

Phoebe's eyes were filled with tears as she said goodbye to every single one of her new friends. That was undeniably the best summer of her life. She would never forget it and how could she after all ? She said "I love you" to someone and the big deal was that she actually meant it.

-

Sunday 22 June 2014

- I'm pretty sure there was a misunderstanding! But yet again, Neymar can you explain to me how my photos were found in your house in Barcelona ?
Neymar's gaze diverted to Pamela.
- What is she doing here ?
He asked his girlfriend. Giovanna raised her eyebrows.
- Who ? Pamela ? She's a friend.
- Tell her to get lost.
Neymar said leaving the two of them alone. Giovanna looked at Pamela.
- When he's mad, he's acting this way, it's typical of him. Happy ?
Pamela smiled. Genuinely.
- Since the plan's been going this way, then yes, but let's not discuss these things here.
Pamela grabbed her pursue.
- I'll see you tonight ?
Giovanna smiled.
- Can't wait.

-

Thursday 11 June 2009

Phoebe decided to surprise all of them, but first she was going to surprise Kibibi. She had told her that she couldn't come again in Brazil although she had obviously persuaded her mother otherwise. For a year, she was behaving her best, she wanted to see all these people in person again. She had been devastated when a year before she had to go back in London. She wanted nothing more than to spend her whole summer in Brazil and this year, she had the chance. She walked till Kibibi's house. She rang the doorbell and after a while she heard footsteps. It was early and she guessed that probably Kibibi was sleeping but she was wrong since Kibibi appeared on the door. Her jaw dropped open when seeing Phoebe and screamed.
- But you said...
She started, but she interrupted herself by hugging Phoebe.
- Come in!
Phoebe followed Kibibi to her room and sat in her bed.
- When did you come ?
- I arrived just an hour ago. I'm really tired.
Phoebe admitted.
- I can't believe it! I thought I'd never see you again, because you said that you wouldn't come and here you are now...I can't believe this!
Kibibi said, hugging her friend once more.
- I wanted to surprise you.
- I figured that out.
Kibibi replied, laughing.
- So, what did I miss in a year ?
Phoebe asked.
- Nothing much. Oh, Judith's throwing a party tonight. We're going! They'll all be shocked when seeing you. Or...have you told anyone ? Oscar ?
Phoebe bit her lip.
- No, I didn't. I wanted to surprise him too. What do you think ? Will he like the surprise ?
Kibibi smirked.
- He'll adore it! Well, since you've been gone,...he was a little off for quite a lot of time, and...I really took pity in him. He's okay now though. I guess he misses you. Well, no offense, I thought he'd forget about you immediately but this wasn't the case, and I'm not telling you that just because you're my friend.
Phoebe smiled. She was chatting with Oscar, as she did with Kibibi but it wasn't the same and with their routines going on, it wasn't easy.
- I'm...glad to hear it, I guess. But enough about Oscar...what about you ? You didn't give a lot of details about you in our chats.
Phoebe said. Kibibi rolled her eyes.
- Well,...there's nothing new about me.
Phoebe raised her eyebrows. Something was off with Kibibi.
- Really ? What about David ?
- Okay, fine. I kind of have something going on with...don't freak out...with Neymar.
Phoebe looked at her as if she was crazy.
- What ?
- I told you not to freak out.
- Neymar ? And what about David ?
- Come on, he didn't like me that much and I didn't either, I just thought that Neymar was a jerk.
- Excuse me Kib, but Neymar is a jerk. And what do you mean, by something going on ?
- Nothing much. We made out a couple of times, okay, more than a couple. But just that. Don't freak out, okay ?
- And Judith ?
Kibibi tried to hide a laugh.
- She slept with Dani!
- What ? And Rafinha ?
- Who cares about him ?
- Judith apparently ?
- Wrong answer. Judith likes Dani and he likes her, end of story.
Phoebe smirked.
- Then a lot of things changed. But...well,...what can I say ? I'm so glad to see you again.
She said, hugging Kibibi.
- I'm so glad to see you too, Phoebe.