{19} The First Time

3rd Person POV

At the diner, Dave sat across from Big Corporation and Simon. He was telling them about what happened between Angelina and himself.

Dave started off saying, "Sex. Sex. Here's what I know about sex. You ready? You ready? Sex is so much better before you've had it. Because before you've had it, it's everything. You know? It's what you dream of. I mean, your entire world is like, consumed in this...Well, you guys know what I'm talking about."

He took a deep breath and continued, "And then after...After, it's just sex. It's just...It's not even that, you know. It's a mess. It's a mess. I wish I could just go back to the beginning."

"Beginning? You mean Friday?" Simon asked him

Dave corrected, "I technically met Angelina on Thursday. But, anyway, it seems like a long time ago, doesn't it? I'd do it all different."

"All right. I'm gonna ask you a serious question and I want you to think about it before you give me the answer. Is it possible that the problem was that you're actually, like, huge? And you've never realized it before because you've never had anything to compare it to up close. Would you like me to look at your penis?" Simon said to him

"No, trust me, that's not the problem." Dave said back

"You're sure? All right." Simon said and Dave replied, "Positive."

Dave sighed looking at their faces, "What?"

Simon responded, "It's better this way. It's better. Think about it. She's the new girl in our school, so there's a small chance you guys are not going to bump into each other in the hallway. Nobody is gonna know, or hear her side of the story, all right? And besides, she stays in her side of her house, you'll stay in yours. Then in a couple of months, it's prom and graduation, and before you know it, you're gonna be on a plane to JFK, because I know you're gonna get in Columbia. So, if you really think hard about it, you guys are better off on your separate ways."

He continued, "And now, it's done with. And who knows, maybe years from now, you'll bump into her somewhere, you know, in some bar. You'll have a few drinks and you'll laugh about it. And that's it. That's life. So the best thing to do is just let it go. Let it go, David. She's better off on her own, you know that."

"I think that's bullshit." Big Corporation said and Simon asked, "Oh, really? You do?"

Big Corporation said looking at Dave, "Total bullshit. You met somebody. Somebody very cool, from the sound of it. How many weekends have we spent driving around looking for exactly that thing? And it never happens. It never happens. But it did. So now what? You hit one bump and you bail? Throw your hands up and walk away?"

"Well, I mean, it was a pretty major bump." Dave pointed out

Big Corporation replied, "No, it wasn't. It was sex. One time. The first time. You don't know anything from that. You're gonna tell me you don't think it's worth giving one more shot? You think it's about letting it go. No. It's about sticking with it and being a man. And I don't mean in no bullshit way like you're tough or you're a dick. Being a real man."

"I don't even know if I am." Dave said gulping nervously

Big Corporation told him, "You are. You're a man. Now act like it."

Simon said to Dave, "All right, let me ask you this. A couple of days ago, you were all about Jane. You know, dear sweet, Janey. And now, I just wanna know, before we go full commando here, what is it that's so special about this particular girl?"

Dave sighed and said, "It's everything about her. Her eyes that are just so worthy of attention. Her smile literally lights up every light in the entire world. Her laugh, oh my god, her laugh, is like so perfect and it makes me smile. Her heart is filled with passion and drive. When we talk, it's like I don't want to stop, you know? Even her name, Angelina Carver, she's honestly an angel."

"I can't let her go, guys. I can't." Dave said shaking his head. "I need to get Angelina back."

"I need to be a man and get my girl back."