{13} I Need You

3rd Person POV

Upstairs in the Master Bedroom, Jane was sitting on the bed as Dave got out of the bathroom holding an ice pack on his face.

Jane asked looking over at him, "You okay? Somebody said you were in a fight or something."

"Not quite." Dave said shaking his head. He sat down next to Jane then she said, "Well, I am a little tipsy."

Dave got up again, going to the bathroom getting Jane a glass of water. He walked back and handed it over to her.

"Thank you." Jane replied holding the cup, taking a sip. Dave replied sitting back down next to her, "Yeah."

Jane nudges Dave and told him, "Hey, so you know, that girl, Angelina, she's super cute, right?"

"Yeah, super cute." Dave replied sighing

Jane asked, "Is she still here?"

"No, they left." Dave replied and Jane added, "Right, with Brendan Meltzer, her 'date'." She put quotations

Jane puts her drink down on the ground and moves up the bed, "Well, I don't care about him anymore, that's for sure. I am so done with boys. They all suck. Especially the hotties."

"Yeah, you've said that before. Many times." Dave pointed out

Jane told him, "But, this time, I mean it. Last night, I did the stupidest thing ever, I was so wasted, and we couldn't stop laughing about this thing. Anyway, the cops showed up, and he asked me if I needed a ride home.."

Dave asked turning his head, looking over at her, "Do you know what 'Drapetomania' means?"

"What?" Jane asked sitting up with her elbows

Dave replied, "Drapetomania."

"Uh. Isn't it, some kind of disease?" Jane asked him

"Yeah." Dave replied quietly. "Yeah."

Jane asked leaning closer towards him, "What's going on with you? Something's weird."

"I don't know..I'm just feeling.." Dave said looking at her. Jane moved back as he stopped talking.

He looks at her after he sighed and Jane asked smiling, "What?"

Dave spoke, "Jane...Janey, I'm gonna go."

"What?" Jane asked as Dave got up. "But I was just telling you about...Don't you wanna talk?"

"No, not tonight." Dave said. "I'll see you on Monday, okay?"

"Okay." Jane replied as Dave walked out of the door

---

Dave was in his car driving and said to himself, "You dig me. 'You dig me'? Oh My God. What, was that supposed to be cute? Yeah. Yes, it was. Yep, those were my intentions. Those were my intentions. Did she buy it? Nope. Mm-mm-mm. No, sir. How could she? 'You dig me'. Who..? Nobody...I've never heard anyone say that."

His ringtone started playing as he said to himself, "God, that's...ugh."

He stopped the car when he saw it was a red light. He looked at his phone and saw a picture of Angelina and the contact: Angelina [with a red heart emoji].

He accepts the call, putting the phone by his ear, "Angelina?"

"Hey, Dave. Umm, did you leave the party yet?" Angelina asked and Dave replied, "Yeah, I did, why?"

"Can you just go to the boardwalk? Meet me there, okay?" Angelina asked, sounding like she was crying

"Angelina, you okay? What's wrong?" Dave asked and Angelina replied, "Just come to the boardwalk. I...I need you, Dave."