{5} Party

3rd Person POV

Dave was saying to himself as Angelina looked closely at him, "It's the way that you...It's the way that you, huh...Wait, shit. Come on, Dave, what is it? That amazing way that you...That amazing.."

"Dave Hodgman?" Angelina asked and Dave turned around with shock, "Oh, Jesus!"

He puts his hands in his pockets, fully turned looking at her, "Angelina? You scared the crap out of me."

Angelina waved and said, "Sorry, I interrupted your conversation with yourself."

"No, it's all right. And I wasn't having a conversation with myself. I just- I thought I was alone." Dave argued

"So, you were talking to yourself?" Angelina asked smirking

Dave sighed and said in a questioned tone, "No."

"Do you know whose party this is?" Angelina asked pointing at the house

Dave shakes his head and said, "No, not a clue. What about you?"

"I don't know actually. I was just kind of brought here." Angelina told him

Dave responded, "The guys I hang out with, we drive around all night, calling everyone we know, just looking for some party. I mean, any party. We'll finally find one, and we'll get here and we won't know anybody, so we just stand around and eventually just leave, go look for some other party."

"Why you'd do it?" Angelina asked and Dave asked, "What else are you going to do, right?"

Angelina chuckles looking down and she heard the door open. A couple walks out hand in hand, laughing heading to their car.

Angelina looks over at Dave as he asked, "Why'd you come out tonight?"

"My brother and I have this tradition, sort of. We go to parties and just blend right in. It's how we know what goes on around the new place we're living in." Angelina said with a nod

Dave asked, "So, you judge based on the party, people throw?"

"Maybe. Maybe not." Angelina said and asked, "What are you doing out here, anyway?"

"What are you doing out here?" Dave asked and Angelina replied, "I asked first."

Dave sighed and told her, "I just kind of have one girl that I'm kind of interested in."

"Really? What's her name?" Angelina asked curiously

Dave responded, "She's my best friend, Jane Harmon."

Angelina takes a deep breath and smiled, "Oh, okay."

"You know, when we first met, I didn't expect you to be a senior." Dave said as Angelina walked over to the brick wall leaning on it

Angelina asked, "What the hell is that supposed to mean? Because of my height? I know I'm short, Hodgman, no need to rub it on my face."

"Sorry. And no, it's just, uh, you don't have the look in your eye, you know?" Dave asked

"It's cool, Hodgman." Angelina titled her head and asked, "What look?"

"That desperate, kind of demented look. The 'Whoo, I'm a senior and this year I'm graduating. And all my nights of drunken parties are almost over.' " Dave explained

Angelina nods her head and said, "It's a good look on you."

Dave chuckled, "Right?" Angelina smiled back, "I don't have that look because I had my fair amount of high school parties, they're all the same."