{9} It's A Date

3rd Person POV

Dave grabs a pen and writes the number on his hand. Big Corporation ends the call and Simon parked in front of Dave's house. Dave got out of the car after putting the pen back in the cup holder.

Simon told Dave, "Hey, we're gonna see the movie tonight, 7:15, Old Orchard."

"What movie?" Dave asked looking at him

Simon said, "Where the world ends in like 5 days."

"3 days." Big Corporation corrected

Simon continued, "3 days. Not a lot of time."

"Yeah, that movie's gonna suck. I think I'll skip it." Dave said and turned around

Simon called out, "David."

Dave turns back around facing them. Simon said to him, "Look, it goes without saying, leave it a few days before you call this girl. You know, let's give her an illusion that you actually have a life."

"Of course. Of course. I'm happy we got the number, but I don't know. I probably. Hey, I probably won't even call her at all. We'll see how I feel by the end of the week or something. Or in a couple of weeks." Dave responded.

---

Inside his room, he used his house phone to call the number that was written on his hand. The other end answered with a woman greeting saying, "Hello."

"Uh, hi, yes, is this Mrs. Carver?" Dave asked looking at Stella who was sitting on his bed

The woman replied, "Yes it is. May I ask who's calling?"

"Uh, hi, umm, I'm friends with your daughter, Angelina." Dave said nervously

Mrs. Carver asked, "You're a friend of my daughter? I'm surprised that she made friends already."

"Yes, I'm actually your next door neighbor. Ian, Troy, and Angelina came over the other night." Dave said to her

Mrs. Carver chuckled and asked, "Oh, okay. How's the pumpkin pie?"

"Great. My mom enjoyed it, so there's that." Dave said and asked, "Is Angelina there?"

Mrs. Carver said, "No, she's not right now. She's out exploring and probably looking for a job."

"Woah, really?" Dave asked a little surprised yet impressed

Mrs. Carver replied, "Yeah, and she usually leaves her phone off so I wouldn't try calling her."

"Yep." Dave commented looking at her phone on his desk, charging

Dave asked, "Is Ian there?"

"Yes, he is. I didn't get your name.." Mrs. Carver said and Dave replied, "Oh, uh, it's Dave Hodgman."

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Dave." Mrs. Carver said and called out, "Ian!"

Mrs. Carver hands the phone over to Ian as Ian asked, "Who's calling?"

"Uh, hey, it's Dave." Dave said awkwardly and looked at Stella who was laughing

Ian replied, "What's up, man? Looking for Angelina, huh?"

"How you'd know?" Dave asked and Ian responded, "Lucky guess. Do you wanna leave a message or something? I'll make sure she knows about it."

"Uh, yes, actually, can you tell her to meet at Old Orchard, it's a movie theater." Dave said to him

Ian said, "Ah, okay. So, you called the house to ask her out on a date?"