Chapter 4

It was the day of the awards ceremony and all the people in my school gathered around in the gym. I knew I was getting the award for 'Best Writer'. Thankgod I didn't need to go up to the podium or else I would have just faked being sick and stayed at home. They told me that when my name was called I would have to just smile and wave. They chose where we sat so I didn't really have a choice but to sit next to Kaitlyn Adams and Brett Collins. Kaitlyn was friends with my sister Izzy but I could tell she didn't like me that much. She was a normal size teenager and Brett Collins was the Captain of the football team. The space between them didn't really give me any room for my abnormal size body to fit. I figured that I could use some of Kaitlyn space since her body was small enough to only use half of the chair but Brett was a different story. He's captain of the football team and he's pretty big. Not big like fat but big like muscle. He needed all of his space. When I went to go take my seat after minutes of just standing their contemplating Kaitlyn looked at me with a disgusted look on her face, she didn't say anything but I knew exactly what she was thinking and so did Skinny.

"Out of all the people in this school I had to get stuck sitting next to her." Skinny fills in Kaitlyns thoughts.

I squeezed in the chair pulling my legs and arms together as close as I could. The less space I took up the better. I glanced around the gym spotting Ashton with his music friends. He gave me a thumbs up with his gigantic fingers followed with a smile showing his dimples. I giggled quietly. I always loved how Ashtons smile could cheer me up even if I was feeling crappy. I looked around the gym even more spotting Luke with his football friends and some cheerleaders practically gushing over him. I saw one of the girls whisper something in his ear making him laugh. I memory suddenly floods through my head.

5 Years Ago

"Luke Luke Luke come here! Look!" I grabbing his arms to come closer to me.

We were both thirteen at the time. And this was before my weight gain. We were at the beach boardwalk. We were on summer vacation and we were board so we decided to go to the beach. I spotted a man on a stool playing guitar. I always liked to admire people playing music, like how I always admired Luke playing the guitar whenever I would come over his house. We decided to sit down with our ice creams just watching the man play. He was quite good.

"I hope one day i'll be as good as him'" He whispers in my ear.

"No you can't you suck at guitar." I jokingly said to him while laughing. He knew I was joking and he laughed with me.

"Hey, congratulations on getting the award again." Calum said to me snapping me out of my daydream.

"Thanks." I said to him as he was about to continue walking.

"Wait Calum!"

"Yeah?" He said turning his head.

"Do you know Ashton, Ashton Irwrin? I asked.

"Um that guy with curly brown hair and that's really tall? Yeah I do. Why?" He said lifting one of his eyebrows.

"Well I know you play guitar and write songs and stuff and he plays drums and sings a little. Maybe you guys should talk and get to know each other. Who knows, maybe you guys would start a band." I giggled.

"Yeah, I'll look for him later. Thanks Lydia." He smiled and walked away to sit with his other friends.

The ceremony begins with the principal speaking into the mic trying to quiet everybody down. After many attempts of quieting everybody down he finally did.

"Thankyou all for coming to this very special ceremony where we honor many students with their outstanding talents." He keeps talking and talking but I tune him out only focusing on Luke. He wasn't paying attention either, to be honest I don't think anyone was. He was on his phone.

I rest my back on the chair and stretch my legs further but as soon as I do something happens.

Snap.

The chair breaks and i'm on the floor. I'm on the fu.cking floor surrounded with broken chair pieces. The principal stops talking and I could suddenly feel all eyes were on me. My face starts to become red from the embarrassment. I could hear some gasps and some laughing.

"Oh my god are you okay." A teacher runs up to me as she helps me up. Another teacher follows behind her while carrying another chair.

"Yeah, i'm fine thanks." I said while trying my best not to cry.

"Classic, Fat girl breaks the chair." 

I sit on the chair as the principal begins to start talking again trying to pretend like nothing ever happened. My face was probably still red, there were tears threatening to spill from my eyes but I held them back. I look around the gym looking for Luke. He wasn't on his phone anymore. He was looking at me. But It wasn't the way I wanted him too. He was looking at me with pity in his eyes. I knew what he was thinking. "I can't believe I ever loved her, she wasn't the girl I kissed." But Luke I am, it was just my body that changed. I looked down at my feet trying to hide the fact I was upset and frustrated with my thoughts.

What if Izzy was right. What if I was to do that surgery?

"You'll die.

I don't care if I die. Izzy was right. It was better then being stuck like this for the rest of my life.

Suddenly their was a pounding in my head, but it wasn't a headache. It was Skinny. It was Skinny laughing and laughing and laughing.

↠☓↠☓↠☓↠☓↠☓↠☓↠☓↠☓↠☓↠

Sorry i havn't updated in a while iv'e just been busy with school and tbh nobody was really reading my fanfic so i thought nobody would really notice if i didn't update. But i started this fanfic so i should finish it

i hope that you guys know that sentences in italics are skinny saying things to her

thx for reading. ily xx