Chapter 13

I always hate eating in the school cafeteria. Seeing everyone eat, everyone else seeing me eat. Even worse I hate walking through the crowded lunch tables carrying my food, afraid someone would trip me. I never would even end up sitting in the cafeteria. Sometimes I would eat in the bathroom or sometimes I wouldn't even eat at all and go straight to the library or one of the music practice rooms. This morning I didn't have time to pack my lunch because I woke up late and I spent all my time choosing something to wear. I stood on the lunch line overwhelmed by what to eat. I still can't eat hard foods afraid that it would come back up. I ended up getting the salad and a bottle of water. I turn my head in every direction of the cafeteria looking for Ashton. If he was here he would most likely be sitting at the table in the back with Michael but he wasn't there. I wanted to apologize. I havn't seen him for the past few days and I feel horrible, he didn't deserve any of it.

"Lydia!"

I looked to see who called my name when I saw Julie wave her hands motioning me to sit at her table. The "popular table" consisted of her, Izzy, Luke, Calum, Kaitlyn Adams, Brett Collins, Lindsay Martin, and Emily Cole. Julie saw me walking towards her when she pushed Izzy aside to make room for me to sit next to her. Those people have never even said a word to me nevertheless sit at their table. Everyone else scoots over to make room for me. I look over at Calum who was stuffing a hamburger down his throat.

"Hi Lydia." He smiles.

"Hi." I replied. I looked around for Ashton again but he was no where to be found so I guess I'm stuck here for a while. I saw a few people move on the right of me thinking that they didn't want to sit next to me but that changed when I saw a six feet tall figure standing above me.

"Hey Lydia." Luke sat down next to me and talking to me as if I always sat here. I smiled back at him and took a bite of my salad. I'm eating lunch with Luke, just like how it used to be. I took another bite of my salad when I noticed all eyes were on me. It was like I was some kind of animal at a zoo and the people are watching me from behind a cage. I felt my cheeks burn.

"You're just a freak show." Skinny whispers. "They're just grateful for a little entertainment, Frankenstein."

Brett was especially interested in what I wasn't eating. "Are you gonna eat those mash potatoes?" He asked pointing to my untouched mash potatoes.

"Uh no why? Do you want them?" He nodded and I gave him my tray.

"Thanks. This is gonna work out great."

"A football players appetite is incredible." Emily whispered to me from across the table. I laughed back trying not to seem to uncomfortable. I looked down at my food noticing that Luke's hand were there. The same hand that held my hand, played with my hair and touched my face. It was so close to mine. If I moved my arm just a little bit we would be touching. But I don't, instead I placed my hands on my lap. I think I saw Luke watch me remove my hands from the corner of his eyes. I look down the table towards Izzy and I see that she's talking to someone on the other side of her but I couldn't see who it was because Lidnsey was blocking him. She leans back and tosses her hair over her shoulder. Then he laughed back. That laugh. That familiar laugh. Ashton's laugh. I leaned back and saw Ashton. He never sits here. He hates sitting here. So why is he here. He notices me staring at him and he flashes me a smile. It wasn't a mocking sarcastic smile, it was one of his genuine smiles that shows his perfect teeth. My stomach feels funny at the way he's smiling back at Izzy. Or maybe it's just the school salad. Yeah that's probably what it is.

The final bell rang and I decided to take the bus knowing that Ashton probably would be all awkward with the ride home. I throw my backpack on my chair and change into my exercising clothes. I sit on my front steps tying my shoelace for my run when I saw my dad pull up on the driveway in his sheriffs police car. I gave him a wave and he joined me on the steps.

"How was school?" It was his go-to question.

"Good." Was my go-to answer.

"Have any homework?"

"Already did them." I answered. "Catch any bad guys?"

"Just one. Domestic Violence." He said as if it was a usual thing.

"That's horrible." I said doing my stretches.

"He'll be looking at about five or more years in prison."

"How's his wife?"

"Traumatized." I frowned. No one should ever be put into that situation.

"So how's your running?" He asked.

"Good. I can make it to the end of the block without stopping."

"That's amazing honey. I'm proud of you." He then embraced me into a hug.

"He's proud of you because of the way you look." My ears were ringing of Skinny's comment.

"Well I'll leave you to do your running." He said going inside. Once he left I put on my headphones and put on my Lana Del Rey play list. I started running pas the dead cat lady's house then past Mrs. Greene's house. I saw her mouth something to me that I couldn't make out.

"What?" I yelled

"Looking good!" She yelled back giving me a smile.

"Thank you!" This unfamiliar feeling of confidence soaring into my heart and quickening my steps. When I reach the end of the block I wasn't out of breath. I continue running and I start to think about the flyer for the musical tryouts. Ashton was right, but then again when wasn't he right. Drama class was the only thing standing in the way of what I always dreamt of doing. I was in all honor classes and I have a high GPA. How hard can one stupid drama class be? But standing on a stage meant all those eyes watching me. I can just hear the comments Skinny's going to make. 

That night I stepped off the scale and I add all the updated information to the chart that Ashton made. I've been doing so well these past few days. Only if I could tell Ashton how happy I was.

Week- 17

Starting weight- 302

Current Weight- 227

Pounds Lost- 75

-

Hi !

I am so so sos sos os sos os sorry it took me a long time to update, you guys can blame school.

ik this chapter is crappy sorry.

oh & there's a picture of Emily Cole on the side, she's so prettyyyy.

thankyou guys so much for 11k and for reading.

ilyy xx