Chapter 12

Ashton's p.o.v.

"That's your problem Ashton, you're always thinking way too much about me. Stop please. I don't need you to tell me what to do anymore. I don't need a babysitter. I'm old enough to take care of myself." She hesitated for a bit. " Maybe if you got a life of your own you wouldn't always be in mine." She pushes right past me and headed outside. She doesn't look back. I'm glad she didn't or else she would have seen face. My face that was covered with a mix expression of confusion, hurt, shock and anger.

I woke up with my heart racing and my head sweating. I gripped on to the bed sheets that were on the side of my bed like I just woke up from a terrifiying nightmare. This was a nightmare. This was worse then a nightmare. I know that I should be the one mad at her for saying those hurtful things but I can't help from thinking the fact that this was somehow my fault. It was always my fault. I was so stupid. I shouldn't have given her the flyer. I shouldn't have pushed her like I did. Oh god i'm so stupid.

-

I decided to aviod Lydia for a few days so that I can give her some space, we've been almost inseprebale for the past few years and maybe that wasn't such a good thing. I told my mom that I didn't feel so that I wouldn't go to school and see her. I spent all day just thinking. Thinking about what the hell happened yesterday. Did she really mean what she said? Will we never be friends again? It's not like she needs me. From the way I saw her with Luke yesterday made it pretty clear that he's coming back into her life, replacing me. When she brought up the theme park with him, I remembered that day too. My mom told me that Mrs. Farrell was taking Lydia to the theme park and asked me if I wanted to come. I excitedly said yes, and then my mom told me that Lydia was bringing Luke. My faced dropped and I lied and said that I hated rides anyways.

I was in the midst of thinking when I saw the lyric sheet just lying on my table. I didn't have time to finish it or have any courage too. But since I wasn't doing anything today I figured why not try to finish it today.

You call me up,

It's like a broken record

Saying that your heart hurts

That you never get over him getting over you.

And you end up crying

And I end up lying,

'Cause I'm just a sucker for anything that you do.

And when the phone call finally ends,

You say, "Thanks for being a friend,"

And we're going in circles again and again

That's all I got up too. I've been having trouble finishing it lately. It was as if the words to the next line was on the tip of my tongue but I can't put it into words. All of the feelings and emotions were floating somewhere in my brain but I can't put it into a proper sentence.

Michael. I need Michael.

Before I knew it I was dialing the purple haired boy.

Hey Mikey, can you come over during your lunch it's an emergency. I said through the phone.

"Um yea sure Ash but I'm kinda getting lectured by my history teacher right now so i'll text you later but yea I'll come over." Michael said in a hush tone.

"Oops sorry Mike and thankyouuu." And after that my spirits lifted. Michael always had that affect on me somehow.

-

"And I have entered the Irwin household." I heard Michael shout from the living to signaling his arrival.

"Mikey!" I ran down the stairs and into his arms.

"You have 35 minutes before I have to go back for detention now what's up." I quickly told him all about yesterday and what happened with Lydia and about the unfinished song. It was not until I saw the astonished look on his face when I realized that I was talking like a nonstoping train and I was out of breathe when I finished.

"Okay. Wow um well I can't really help you out with Lydia but I can help you out with the song." Mikey said.

I sighed. "Well at least I can solve one problem."

"I know you don't want to admit it but you obviously dedicate this song to someone." Mikey said proving a point. "Now if only you would tell me."

"I would Mikey, you know I would. But I honestly don't know. This song honestly came out of no where."

"Okay well then to make this easier for the both of us lets just say that you dedicate this song to Lydia."

"What why Lydia?" I asked

"No reason, I just chose a random person." He answered.

"Yea but why Lydia." I repeated.

"Fine then how about Clare. You whole heartily dedicated this song to Clare Farrell. There better?"

"No no Lydia's fine. Let's the just I dedicated this song to Lydia." I said putting up air quotes with my fingers.

"Well done my boy you have the next line of your song." He said throwing his hands up in the air feeling accomplished.

"And that is?" I questioned.

"Seems like you have the first verse already done that will be your first line or the chorus."

'I dedicate this song to you.

The one who never see's the truth.'

"I get the dedication part, but where did you get the truth part?" I asked.

"Because you my friend are very oh so blind." Michael said.

"How am I blind?"

"You don't see the truth. The truth that you are in love with Lydia."

His words shocked me. I questioned my feelings towards Lydia several times but I never said it out loud. But Michael did. Did I have feelings for her?

"I am not inlove with Lydia. Mikey are you high?" I said defending myself.

"For fucks sake Ash. Admit it if it was me who said those things to you, you wouldn't give a shit because yes you care about me a lot, I mean I hope so, but you can live a few days with me being mad at you and not being with you. But you can't live without even a day without her. You always want to see her and hear her voice and be the one to make her laugh not Luke. Because you fucking love her man." For as long as I've been friends with Michael I've never heard him say something like that. His words stung me. It stung me because I knew he was right. I would have argued with him and defended myself but there was no point. He would have won because I know he's right and clearly so does he.

"Oh." Was all I could say.

"Yea 'Oh'. Listen Ash I have to get to back to school but call me when you get your feelings straighten up." And within a minute he was out the door leaving me speechless on the couch.

"Shit." With my elbows on my knees, I lowered my head and placed my hands on my neck.

She was right. But she can't be. I can't break my promise.

-

Hi !

Who do you think Ashton was talking about ?

THANKYOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 6K READS YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING AND THE COMMENTS YOU GUYS LEAVE ARE SO SWEET AND FUNNY AND THEY REALLY MAKE MY DAY AND I CANT TELL YOU GUYS HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU SO MUCH and I am rlly lame oops.

anywayssss thankyou guys so much for reading ily xx