Uncle Sam Needs YOU Part 1

Raf poured out of the muscle car on shaky legs, moving his glasses into place with a shivering hand.

"I've never gone that fast in a car before.." He said uneasily. Aubrey jumped out, a grin bright on her face.

"That. Was. Awesome!" She cheered, turning back to BumbleBee as he transformed. Bee's optics spun happily, his way of smiling, before they stopped and looked up at Optimus. Right. Now it was business. Arcee came in a few moments later, Jack hopping off Arcee as she stretched out her limbs after the drive.

"Where's BulkHead?" Optimus looked around, only three heads instead of four.

Honk! Honk!

A loud horn sounded from the tunnel, heavy metal music echoing into the base. Ratchet growled grumpily, Arcee rolled her optics, and Optimus and Bee just stared at the entrance.

"I'm guessing that's him.." Aubrey chuckled, knowing Miko was into to that type of music. Bulkhead drove into base, transforming and holding Miko in his hand.

"Man! I love that song!" Bulk grinned.

"I know right?" Miko laughed, beaming up at Bulkhead.

"Ahem." Ratchet cleared his throat, arms crossed grumpily. Bulkhead blinked, realizing everyone had been waiting on him. He quickly put Miko down with the other kids and stood at attention. Optimus nodded, starting to talk now that everyone was here.

"Ratchet and I are leaving on a mission to find more about dark energon. I'll need his expertise in the field, which means Arcee is in charge of the base while we are away." Optimus said calmly, unfazed by the shocked look on Arcee's face.

"Optimus- I'm a soldier- not a babysitter." She argued, motioned behind her at the kids and Bulkhead.

"We're not that bad." Miko pouted, crossing her arms and looking at the ground.

"I wasn't talking just about you." Arcee replied, eyeing Bulkhead.

"Well, today you are. Now, going past all this pettiness, if CliffJumper wakes up before I arrive, just try to keep him calm. The last thing his systems need is an adrenaline rush." Ratchet warned. "Though I doubt he will regain consciousness soon."

"CliffJumper?" Miko whispered in Aubrey's ear. She turned around, noticing the other kids were all staring. She had forgotten they didn't know about CliffJumper being ok.

"I-I'll explain later..." Aubrey lied. She couldn't explain without them knowing about her.. Other half. Which was best to keep secret for now.

"Then, if everyone knows what they have to do, we will depart." Optimus looked to Ratchet, who was already heading for the groundbridge controls. Aubrey smiled up at him as he left, but he just gave a solemn nod.

I wish he'd open up a little... Aubrey frowned, watching as Ratceht and Optimus disappeared through the portal of energy.

"Alrighty, BumbleBee, with me on patrol. Bulk, you're in charge." Arcee called put, motioning for Bee to follow.

"What? B-but you're in charge!" Bulk blinked.

"Yeah, and being in charge, I say Bee and I go on patrol while you look after the base and kids. Good luck." And with that, Arcee transformed and left before anyone could object. Bee shrugged sympathetically at Bulk, and transformed to go after her.

So there they all were, Bulk, Aubrey, Raf, Jack and Miko standing there watching the tunnel as Bee's headlights faded away.

"So uh... What now?" Miko asked cheerfully. BulkHead rubbed the back of his neck, letting out a quiet moan.