Calm Before The Storm

"I.. I can't..!" Aubrey sighed, hunching over, feeling defeated. Ratchet gave a small frown. Aubrey had been concentrating so hard, even after all this time she couldn't get her 'force field' to work.

"How did you use it before?" Ratchet tilted his helm, hoping her could be helpful.

"I dunno.. It was more of an instinct thing, then once I had it, as long I concentrated, I could hold it up." Aubrey shrugged. Ratchet's optics lit up the slightest as an idea popped in his head.

"Well, what if I moved my servo towards you, would that help you concentrate?" Ratchet tilted his helm a little.

"We could try.." Aubrey blinked. So, Ratchet slowly moved his servo closer and closer to Aubrey, slowly but surely. Aubrey focused, trying to convince herself it was a threat. But how could she? He had saved her life more than once, and he was sworn never to hurt any human, let alone her.

"I'm sorry Ratchet.. I just trust you to much. Gee, never thought that would be a bad thing.." Aubrey chuckled lightly. Ratchet crossed his arms, rubbing his chin as he thought. The two turned as Arcee walked in, eyeing the two suspiciously.

"What are you up to?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"I'm trying to show Ratchet the force field but it won't work.." Aubrey sighed. Arcee looked her over, walking up close to the platform where the human stood. Aubrey blinked, thinking it was a little odd she was staring her down now of all times. Ratchet seemed confused as well, since he stared at the two-wheeler skeptically.

Without any warning, Arcee's arms unfolded, and her servo came at Aubrey with a blurr. Instantly, Aubrey raised her arms in defense, cringing in fear. When she opened her eyes, the wall of rippling energy floated between Arcee's servo and herself.

"I overheard." Arcee noted with an edge in her tone. Did she hear the part about trusting Ratchet..?

She thinks I don't trust her now... Great.. Aubrey thought sadly. Ratchet was oblivious to it all, cast away in his own little world.

"Incredible..!" He muttered, leaning in for a closer look with his optics wide as he stared in disbelief at he little human.

"Um.. Ratchet.. This feels weird.." Aubrey mumbled as he goggled at her. She didn't like the attention.

"No-no try to hold it as long as you can, I have to scan it..!" He grinned, lifting his arm and running the scanner over her and her force field. Ratchet was almost giddy.. Arcee watched blankly, optics in slits. Ratchet pulled his arm closer to his face and typed something on the little screen in his arm.

"By the Allspark.." He muttered. Aubrey couldn't tell if that meant it was a good or bad thing.. Or both.. Arcee obviously was not as immersed or elated as Ratchet, taking a moment to cock her hip before speaking up.

"Shouldn't our attention be on CliffJumper?" She grumbled, gaze directed at the medic. He gave a dismissive wave of his servo.

"CliffJumper is in a stable condition, I've done all I can do for now. We just have to wait for him to wake up when he's good and ready, we might as well use our time wisley.." Ratchet paused before whispering something to himself. "... Since we have so little of it.." He had said it so quietly Aubrey had barely heard it. She knew Arcee hadn't, but Aubrey blinked in worry. Her eyes went a little wider in concern, and she lowered her arms a little. Did Ratchet really think like that? He's not the optimistic type- but still..

"Aubrey..!" Ratchet groaned in disappointment. Again, Aubrey blinked in confusion. She opened her mouth to ask what was wrong, but out of the corner of her eye she noticed her shield had fell. Scrap..