It's all a Little Hazy...

THIS CHAPTER COMES AFTER THE CHAPTER --DAZED--

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I had some trouble publishing this..

Aubrey sat on her humble twin-sized mattress in a little corner of the base, half hidden by a wall that didn't completely enclose her space. But it didn't bother her. What bothered her was why she was here. While police investigated her home, this 'Agent Fowler' guy had gotten most of Aubrey's stuff back, and let the police know she was in government hands. All with out even meeting Aubrey. She wanted to thank him, but judging by Ratchet's description, he wouldn't really notice the apology, just the fact she was a liability (that sounds familiar..). Sitting up, Aubrey hopped off the bed and onto her feet, peeping out into the main room of the base. Ratchet typed away at his monitor, as usual. Cliff and Arcee were out on patrol. Bumble Bee and Bulkhead were also out, leaving Optimus alone with the medic. Though, instead of spending the time with his close friend, the prime had been waiting by Aubrey's makeshift room.

"Is everything alright? You've been fairing well?" The large mech asked gently. Aubrey smiled warmly. Such a big bot had such a big spark. The idea of a spark thrilled her, a ball of energy instead of a lump of blood and muscle like humans had. But the kind and gentle nature of Optimus is what really surprised her. She wouldn't have thought a leader of an entire faction to be so.. Compassionate.

"I'm fine, thanks... Just, you know, adjusting to it all..." Aubrey's voice trailed off. Though Optimus's expression remained neutral, she could see the concern in his optics.

"I know this must be overwhelming for you.. If you ever need anything, just ask one of us." He nodded, pausing before turning to walk down one of the darker hallways leading deeper into the base. Aubrey had never been down those hallways, but she yearned to. Walking out from behind her little wall, she strode slowly to the ladder, moving down to the floor. She paced quietly to the hallway, looking down its lighted path.

"Hey Ratchet..?" Aubrey called, not looking back, knowing Ratchet wouldn't look at her anyway.

"What is it?" He asked, and Aubrey could still here the tapping of the keys.

"What else do you guys have in the base, besides the main room?" Aubrey tilted her head, pivoting on her heel to lean against the wall and face Ratchet. She wanted to know what secrets this missile silo held.

"Well, down the hall and to the left is everyone's personal dorms. Keep going straight and you'll find the training room, and down to the right is the engine room. And underground is where we store energon, among other things." Ratchet explained. Training room? That's what she wanted to see..!

"What kinds of things?" Aubrey wondered aloud.

"Things that are dangerous. Things you shouldn't touch." Ratchet replied curtly.

"Alright, if I'm reading you correctly, you'd rather I not go down into the basement at all?"

"You are reading me correctly."

Aubrey sighed, nodding her head slowly. She pushed off the wall, walking back to her room and grabbing her clarinet case. Maybe practicing would help clear her mind.

"Hey, Ratchet..?" She asked cautiously. The medic sighed, surprisingly turning away from his screen to look at human.

"Yes?" He asked, half annoyed.

"Is there anywhere I could practice that I wouldn't distract you..?" Aubrey smiled nervously. Ratchet blinked, his impatient expression fading.

"Up on top of silo, just take the elevator over there." Ratchet motioned towards the small square doors. Aubrey nodded in thanks and scurried to them, happily pressing the button (which for some reason never ceased to make her smile).