Nightmares

Warning: Chapter contains slightly strong language and slight gore. (Basically, it's mildly PG-13)

-----------

Aubrey sighed happily as she walked back inside the abandoned missile silo, Terry happily trotted by her side. One of the best parts about not living here was she didn't have to pick up her dog's crap in a dinky little plastic bag claiming it was Eco-friendly. Not wanted to leave her dog unsupervised to run around unsuspected giant robots, she picked him up in one arm and climbed the ladder up to the platform that held her room.

"Why does it have to go outside all the time?" BulkHead asked, tilting his helm.

"He's a dog, he can't go in the toilet, Bulk. That's why humans teach them not to use the bathroom inside, and hold it until they go outside." Aubrey explained, setting her dog down and returning to the floor.

"Why would you do that, when you could just leave it outside?" He seemed utterly confused by the idea of pets.

"It's just what you do with dogs, Bulk. It's a long story, but humans learned that if dogs were tamed, they could be used to help with work like pulling small wagons and digging stuff up. As history and time went by people thought that, well, to put it plainly, that dogs were cute and fluffy and should be treated like their cute and fluffy. Poof. Domesticated dogs." Aubrey shrugged. Bulkhead just shook his helm incredulously, obviously not understanding why the humans didn't just do the work themselves.

"Bulk, stop tryin' to get history lessons out of her if you're not gonna understand them." Cliff teased, walking up and resting a servo on the larger mech's shoulder.

"He was just curious." Aubrey pat Bulkhead's leg, making a small little tink tink noise. Cliff shrugged, moving his hand to the ground for Aubrey to hop on. And she did just that.

"How about instead of teaching we go out on patrol?" He smiled. Aubrey nodded excitedly, her face lighting up.

"I was just curious..." Bulkhead mumbled indignantly. Cliff blinked, he hadn't meant to make him feel bad.

"Hey, come one Bulk, I'm only teasin' pal." He slapped a servo onto the green mech's shoulder, giving it a small shake. Bulkhead rolled his optics.

"Whatever, I gotta go on patrol, I'm gonna be on time." The wrecker huffed, going to meet up with Ratchet so he could pass through a ground bridge.

"Did I really come across that rude?" Cliff frowned, watching Bulkhead. Aubrey bit her lip.

"I mean, you coulda' been a bit less... I dunno.." Aubrey struggled to find the right words.

"Less of a jerk ?"

"Well.."

"Hothead?"

"Not that-"

"Bastar--"

"Cliff! Seriously just let it go, he'll get over it." Aubrey groaned, getting a stare from Cliff.

"Alright, kiddo. Yeesh, I better hit the road before you rip my head off." He teased, a playful smirk glued on his face.

"Don't think I won't, pal." Aubrey hunched her shoulders, making her hands into fists and making little motions with them. The red mech chuckled, shaking his helm with a soft smile.

"Are you going to just stand around? Or get on with your duties?" Arcee walked up from behind Cliff, her arms crossed.

"Sorry, I'll get right on it, commander." Cliff laughed, Arcee preforming another flawless eye-roll.