Much Needed Love

I call you King not as a term of endearment or a pet name, but as a reminder. Signed, A Queen.

Sam's P.O.V

Kas was laying in the middle of my bed asleep our first night at her brothers and she looked peaceful even for the rough day she had today. She's a bad ass with a good heart, soft but strong. Unapologetic and honest. She's the kind of woman you go to war beside - not against. Looking at her I knew that her friend and her ex had hurt the wrong woman because their actions would come back to haunt them in the end. I know it will be before our time here is over, and I will enjoy watching every moment of it because after their justice was served to them she would be able to see that she was so much stronger than they thought she was. 

I grabbed my sweatpants and went into the bathroom to change for bed. Hey, I might be dating the beautiful girl in my bed, but I didn't want to risk pissing her brother off for changing in front of her even if she was asleep. I have too much respect for the both of them for that to happen, and I can tell that his opinion of who she was dating was extremely important to her. 

When I came back she was curled up in the fetal position in the middle of the bed. She was having a nightmare and I wasn't going to have that. I pulled the covers down and her to me. Kas relaxed into my arms and the pained look on her face eased away. Before I fell asleep I kissed her forehead.

"You are my nigga, my girl, my baby, my princess, my girlfriend, my best friend, and my future wife

"You are my nigga, my girl, my baby, my princess, my girlfriend, my best friend, and my future wife. You got that? Good night my angel" I whispered as I held her close to me knowing that right now she needed my presence beside her tonight.

"Good night Sam" Kas whispered back in her sleep snuggling closer to me.

Kas' P.O.V.

The sun was shinning through the window over the warm bed I was laying in. As I began to wake up I felt a warmth behind me and a breathe on my neck, I tensed. This was a feeling that I had not felt before and it terrified me. Travis wouldn't sleep this close to me. Who is next to me and where am I? my mind screamed. I turned my head slightly and saw Sam fast asleep with his arms around my waist. Well how am I going to get up and make everyone breakfast without waking Sam up? Before I could even begin to think of a solution Sam's eyes flickered open greeting me with his green eyes that always instantly calmed me.

"Good morning, Freckles." I said as I turned completely to face Sam while I was still in his arms.

"Good morning, Angel. How are you feeling?" he smiled kissing my nose.

"Better. You want to help me make breakfast? Dude and Tucker should still be here. Travis might be at work already" I smiled back. 

"Sure thing baby" he grinned obviously liking the idea of cooking with me.

Sam rolled out of bed and grabbed the shirt I had bought for him... it was a Houston Texans tank-top type shirt. He looked great in it, and I mean GREAT. I walked out of his room and into my brothers master bathroom so I could fix my hair because Lord knows me curly mop of head was all over the place. I threw it up in a messy bun and then put on my sweater... well Sam's. Walking into the kitchen I saw a sight I wasn't prepared for let alone thought was possible. The four men in this house were making breakfast. 

"What is going on?" I asked sitting down at the breakfast bar, "Have I stepped into a parallel universe?"

"We're making breakfast for the most beautiful girl we know!" all four exclaimed causing me to smile.

"What are you making me?" I laughed

"Pancakes, eggs, and bacon" Travis replied with a smile knowing how much I loved bacon. 

"Yay!" I exclaimed as the food was set down at the table, and we all gathered around. I seated myself between Travis and Sam. I honestly felt safest between them.

"Hey, we need to pray first!" I yelled as they all reached for food. I took Travis and Sam' hands in mine and they extended their free hand to who was close to them.

"Dear Lord, Jesus bless this food upon our bodies and allow this month to be a great one. And thank you for blessing our home with Kassandra and Samuel. Amen. Let's dig in!" Travis prayed making Sam and I laugh at his use of our full first names.

We dug into our food and talked lightly. And then the words I was dreading the most came spilling from Tuckers lips like the rain during monsoon season...

"So, Sam what are your intentions with Kas here?" Tucker asked puffing up his chest to look bigger which caused me to shake my head because I could kick his ass.

"Well, I'm taking this one day at a time, but within the past month of being with Minnie I don't think I can freely go a day without seeing her. I truly believe that she just maybe the one," Sam spoke without hesitation, "You don't love someone for their look, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only your heart can hear."

I smiled so big it actually hurt my face! Sam thinks I might be the one!

"Well, Sam, I think Kas here chose the right guy for once. The last guy she dated was no good and one of the reasons my baby sister moved away from me" Travis spoke rubbing my shoulder.

"Kas? You've gotten really quiet over there" Dude pointed out bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Huh... what?... oh sorry got lost in my own thoughts" I said with a deep blush.

"Well what are you thinking about?" Sam asked curiously looking at me.

"I was thinking about how I'm glad I met you and got to bring you with me to meet three of the most important guys in my life. I know that what we have no matter how short a time we've been together is something God could create. I've dated guys that hurt me and only wanted sex from me but you treat me with respect and like I'm heaven on earth. I pray to God every night that this will last forever and that I will never be separated from you for too long. Promise that you'll love me. Even when you hate me" I smiled back at him.

Instead of speaking Sam leaned in and kissed my forehead and placed an arm around my shoulders

"I love you, Sam" I barely whispered thinking he wouldn't hear me, but he did.

"I love you, too" Sam whispered into my ear. I blushed so deeply that I hid my face in Sam's chest.

"What did we just miss?" Dude asked in confusion.

"I think Kas here just told Sam she loves him not expecting him to hear, but he did, and he said he loves her too" Travis relayed.

"How do you always do that?" I mumbled through Sam's shirt.

"Because I know my little sister" Travis smirked.

Before I could respond there was a knock on the door......

And if I asked you to name all the things that you love, how long would it take for you to name yourself?