The Meeting

Their eyes met, and they stared together at each other, alone in space. 

It was my first day at a new school and I was absolutely terrified.

Well, I should probably tell you who I am. My name is Kassandra Bromley, but most call me Kas. I'm 17 years old, and I just moved to Bradenton, Florida from my hometown in Tomball, Texas. Back to the story because that is way more interesting.

As I pulled into Braden River High School my heart began to race and my palms began to sweat.

Here goes nothin'.

I got out of my car and began to walk to the office for my schedule and then the worst possible thing happened... the high heel of my knee high boots caught in a crack in the parking lot, I toppled to the ground like a great oak tree being chopped down, and my stuff went flying everywhere. To top it all off I felt a twing of pain in my ankle.

Great, just what I need on my first day: sprained ankle and I completely embarrassed myself.

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay?" questioned a really cute guy as he rushed from his ride to my side.

Hey that rhymed!

"You can see me?" I joked trying to lighten my embarrassment, "Beside a sprained ego and ankle I'm fine. My names Kas. I just moved here from Texas."

"That was a really good joke. You had me going there for a second. I'm Sam. The accent kind of says your from Texas" Sam said with a cute shy grin as he helped me gather my things and then helped me up.

"Thank ya for the help. I'll see ya round?" I said with a smile and knowing my luck bright red cheeks.

"Yeah, totally. Maybe we'll have some classes together." Sam smiled back with hope in his eyes.

With a new sense of confidence I walked into the office.

"Hi, I'm Kassandra Bromley I came to get my schedule."

"Oh, yes Dear! We've been waiting for you to get here! Here is your schedule and you'll need to fill out some more paper work and then the principal will take you to your first class" the secretary said as she handed me some more paperwork.

I sat down and 30 minutes later I was finally finished with the paperwork. I handed the papers back to the lady at the front desk as the principal walked out.

"Hi, Ms. Bromley my name is Principal Gilray. I'm glad you chose to come to our school for your senior year. How about I take you to your first class" Principal Gilray smiled.

We walked through the halls and came to a stop outside of my pre-calculus class

We walked through the halls and came to a stop outside of my pre-calculus class. When we walked in the entire class turned to look at me. Well that's not awkward at all. Wait is that Sam?

"Everyone this is Kassandra Bromley. She's new here I'd like it if you help her out today seeing as she's behind," the teacher said to the class, "You can sit over there by Samuel."