Pain

Don't cry. Just come cuddle. Lay your head on my chest. I'll rub your back. And give you forehead kisses. I like you and I don't want you to be sad. 

I walked into Walmart and grabbed a cart for the laundry list of things I was going to need. I knew that there was a good chance that I could run into someone I knew, but I wasn't going to go across town to avoid people from my past. As I strolled up and down the aisles I was lost in my own thoughts that this state brought back to me, when I heard a familiar voice... Joy Slaughter, my ex-bestfriend.

"Kas?" she asked.

A part of me almost didn't turn around and wanted to act like I didn't know who she was talking about, but I had to face her. Crap just what I need. I look like crap right now and she caused me so much pain.

"Hey..." I responded as I turned towards her putting on a fake smile.

"How have you been? I heard you moved to Florida. What are you doing here?" she asked as I noticed her plump, pregnant belly.

"I've been good. I moved to Florida in November and my boyfriend and I are out here staying with Travis till January when we go to Cali. So I see you kept the baby..."I smiled trying to be nice.

"Yeah, Michael convinced me to keep him. So, who's the guy? And why are y'all going to California?" she asked not noticing that I was uncomfortable. 

"His names Sam and we're both going to Hollywood week for American Idol. Well I have to finish shopping I'm making dinner for four guys and all of us eat a lot. Bye Joy!" I called as I walked away ending the conversation.

I let out a sigh and finished my shopping then hurriedly checked out

I let out a sigh and finished my shopping then hurriedly checked out. I loaded the bags into the car and put my Bluetooth in as I began to drive home. How am I going to tell Sam? How is he going to react? What if he doesn't want a girl like me? God, poisonous relationships can alter our perception. You can spend many years thinking you're worthless... but you're not worthless, you're unappreciated. When my thoughts were about to get dangerous again I got a call from Sam. I swear he was made for me because he just seems to know when I'm not doing good even though he has no real idea about my condition. 

"He-hey, baby" I mentally cursed at my wavering voice. Why now? Why did it have to been when he was calling me that I had to have a slight breakdown. I was going to need to call my doctor in the morning after this whole incident. 

"Baby, are you okay? What's wrong you sound like you're about to cry?" Sam asked into the phone sounding worried about me. 

"I had a run in with an ex-best friend and I'm a little shaken. I'm almost home can we talk then" I replied as I was on the verge of tears like he had said.

"Yeah, sure, babe. Just please get home safely" Sam said with concern and hung up.

 Just please get home safely" Sam said with concern and hung up