The Beginning of Their Family

She brought out the storm in people, because she knew wherever there were dark skies and wild winds, lied a truth. A truth that described how much love one can leave behind the moment they accept all the pain they have lived. And that is all she ever wanted. For everyone around her to embrace their storms and make them fall in love with their own violent winds. 

"I think June 6th of next year would be perfect for the wedding" Kas smiled as she looked up from her music notebook; poping out of her work focused frenzy to ask me questions about the wedding.

"Gets us past the rest of the American Idol tour and allows us to finish our albums. We could try and get it at NRG Stadium" I smiled at her as I messed with some chords I was working on, knowing how much she loved her Texans.

"That would be cool, but I want to do something a little more romantic than a football field even if I have dreamed of being on that field my whole life. How about Cynthia's ranch?" Kas asked, reminding me about our friend's place just north of Houston.

"I like it" I smiled as Caleb walked into the back of the bus where most of us were hanging out, with a bag of pork rinds that Kas unconsiously reached for.

It was funny how all of us were in jeans and t-shirts but Kas was wearing yoga pants, a white crop top, a large cream colored sweater, and her fuzzy socks. You would never find her in anything but her comfy clothes when she was working because feeling constricted stifled Kas's creativity. 

"Are Y'all still trying to plan your wedding?" Caleb asked continuing to distract Kas from the song she was working on.

"Yes, but we've finally set a date and have a possible venue" Kas smirked as she called Cynthia praying she would pick up.

"Hey, Cynthia, Sam and I were wondering if we could use the ranch for the wedding?"

"The 6th of June next year?"

"Okay, how much is it going to cost us?"

"Cynthia, you have to let us pay!"

Kas sighed with a chuckle, "Fine! I'll keep you updated on everything."

"Bye, Doll."