You're the only girl in One Direction and he fancies you (part 1)...

All [read first]: 

Despite the major success of the boys first two albums globally, Simon wasn't happy by the fact the band had fallen into the category of a tween only (for the majority) fan base. Changes were made in the pre-production of the boy’s third album in an attempt to gain a wider audience. The key changes? More real sounding songs and then the bombshell, the introduction of a female vocalist. That’s where you came into this tight knit family. Initially the plan was to keep you in the background and not place too much focus on you for fear of upsetting the fans who had already dedicated years to this boy band. To everyone's surprise though, the fans embraced you, so much so that you were considered on the same level of popularity as Harry, Niall, Liam, Louis and Zayn, and more importantly, the boys embraced you into their numbers too. (Timeframe for the following preferences is that you've been part of One Direction for at least one album (the one after TMH) and as such you've been part of the band for just over a year at minimum)

Harry:

 You watch mesmerised as Harry's hands glide over the piano keys before eventually coming to a stop. He twists around to you all, you and the rest of One Direction, his features nervous as he asks,

"So what do you think? I mean, I know it's nothing special but I just..." he trails off. He'd just pitched you guys a song that you all know he'd been 'secretly' working on for around a month now, if not longer because he wanted it to be perfect before he finally relented to your guys pestering to let you hear.

"Where have you been hiding those song writing skills all these years? This is ace mate!" Louis praises, hitting his best friend playfully on the arm.

"You don't have to be nice guys..." Harry insists, trailing off when he meets your gaze, holding it.

You smile warmly, "Harry this is good, really good. Honestly," and he nods, finally smiling at your genuine compliment. That’s how you found yourselves months later in the studio, recording Harry's love song 'You Don't Know It's You' to be on the fourth One Direction album. While it had been a shock to the system at first, over the past three years you'd gotten your head around how things worked in the studio, the norms. It had helped that One Direction songs generally followed a certain formula, like Zayn would more often than not take the bridge, Harry would take the lead during the chorus is so required, and yourself and Liam would provide the vocals for any intense duet during the song, the two of you having the best harmonisation with your voices. This song though had flipped that formula on its head though, and Harry surprisingly featured very little in it considering he wrote the thing, his only key part being the duet with you.

"Right we're going to head off," Liam explains from the other side of the booth while the other boys gather up their things ready to leave too - they'd done all their vocals for the day, the only thing left was yours and Harry's duet.

"Yeah, we weren't really feeling the idea of sticking around and watching you guys do googly eyes at eachother while you're singing," Zayn jokes, sticking out his tongue, and you chuckle slightly rolling your eyes at your friends absurdness. The two of you wave them off before you turn back around to face Harry, a microphone between the two of you.

You point at him accusingly, eyes narrowed, "No googly eyes ok?".

He holds his hand against his chest, feigning honesty and struggle, "I'll try my very hardest Y/N,".

"Good," you laugh, quickly silencing yourself when the producer points out the two of you have work to do - you have to avoid Harry's gaze for several minutes otherwise you just end up in fits of giggles all over again. Two hours pass and the two of you are getting nowhere; once you'd finally calmed yourself down to be able to sing properly, Harry was struggling to meet you in the harmonies - a fact that really seemed to be bothering him.