Eleven

11 • When she worried
Maria point of view
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀As usual, I get extra time of practice with my technique teacher. She choreographed a solo for me to do at the recital, but I don't know if I'm ready. The moves are very precise, they're a bit tricky to do, but I think I can handle it.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀My mom was a dancer, I started because of her. In England I went to the best dance company in town. I knew my mom didn't have the condition to pay for them, so it made me work twice as hard as everyone else. I have the need to be the best, I want to be the best like my mom was. She said dance brought amazing things in her life, but that it also made her say goodbye to her teen years. I don't have friends here, it'll be fine to simply dance and do nothing else.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Sometimes the moms here aren't very welcoming, I've heard them talking about me. They were saying I would beat their children every single time, one of them even talked about my accent. I guess those ladies kid's aren't the friends I'm looking for. I don't mind their comments, my mom says to leave it all to my dancing, the dance speaks for itself.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀I skip my way out of class and notice Ricky's been watching me the whole time. I don't really enjoy being watched, I'm a bit shy when it comes to dance.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Uh, you were watching?” I worry. Ricky doesn't seem like the guy to enjoy dance, I'm surprised he didn't fall asleep.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Yeah, you're a pretty good dancer. Your mom used to dance like that.” He compliments me.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀I smile. “Do you really think I'm as good as she was?”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀He nods. “You're her daughter, you got it in you somewhere deep down in there.”
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”I guess you're right. Can we go eat now? I'm starving, the smell of chocolate also isn't helping the situation.” I complain.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀We start walking to his car. “I'm gonna take you to your mom's favorite place when she was your age.” He informs. For his loss, I know where we're going.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”You're taking me to 7-eleven?” I ask.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Nope. It's way better than that.” He responds.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”It better not be anywhere cheap, I know you got some money there.” I warn him.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀•••
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”So my mom's favorite place was this? She liked McDonald's?” I ask surprised. My mom never eats things like this, thinking about it is even weird.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Yeah, doesn't she come here?” He asks as we sit down.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Not at all. She says she's allergic to hamburgers. I actually think she doesn't eat here because she doesn't want to get fat, she's paranoid with that. I can't even imagine her being pregnant.” I explain.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀”Chloe was always the skinny blonde, but she'd always shove food into her mouth. I'd ask for bite, but instead, I would get a bit from her.” He chuckles.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀A/N-So guys, Chloe's basically me lol.